Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
capzasin? (Read 1856 times)
Emzie
CH.com Newbie

If you don't start somewhere,
you gonna go nowhere

Montreal, Canada.
capzasin?
Aug 24th, 2013 at 1:39pm

Has anyone any experience with this Cayenne pepper active ingredient capzasin to share?
Thank you!

IP Logged

FrankF
CH.com Alumnus

Simi Valley, CA, USA
Re: capzasin?
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 8:10am

I haven't tried it but it has been discussed here before. It doesn't get very good reviews:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 2:28pm

I agree. When I dig thru my files and find zip on a treatment, it says: either no medical reports which offer some hope of benefit for the treatment OR so new an item that not in the medical literature.

Anyway, empty files, here.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Emzie
CH.com Newbie

If you don't start somewhere,
you gonna go nowhere

Montreal, Canada.
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 1:58pm

well, I received my nasal spray yesterday, here's my review...
Yesterday it worked on my 'regular' pain, actually felt normal again for the first time in months.
Today, its done jack-sh** on my really bad pain. Sad

I honestly don't know how its even possible for those of you with really really bad pain to keep a job... Today has been very hard. I'm doing everything I can to stay here today and the subsequent days until I see the doc.
I'm really debating whether I ask for a sick leave..

The suggestion of energy drinks, is it Taurine or Guarana that is supposed to help?

IP Logged

metrolamar
CH.com Junior

This will get better

Georgia
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2013 at 3:20pm

Yeah I hear ya about the work thing.  I would stay home if I could...but unfortunatly I have to work.  It is tough,  I too use the nasal spray in order to through the work day.  Also keep O2 here at work for the rough times.

Sorry you are having a tough time.  Hang in there.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 1:17am

Emzie wrote on Sep 5th, 2013 at 1:58pm:
I honestly don't know how its even possible for those of you with really really bad pain to keep a job...

Working when in cycle and getting hits during working hours isn't fun, it is all about preparation. You need to have abortives to hand, oxygen or imitrex injections. Then be ready when a CH arrives to go somewhere where you can use them with some privacy.

When required I have a small rucksack with an oxygen cylinder, regulator and mask, plus things like energy drinks that I just grab and take somewhere I've previously scouted out, it could be an empty office, training room, stair well or similar.

Emzie wrote on Sep 5th, 2013 at 1:58pm:
The suggestion of energy drinks, is it Taurine or Guarana that is supposed to help?

It is the combination of taurine and caffeine that seems to help. Just drink one quick when you feel a CH is about to hit or when shadows get annoying.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 8:17am

It takes repeated use for capsaicin to work.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2013 at 11:14am

To answer your unasked question!  When you have found a good abortive med, use it as the earliest sign of an attack is developing.

Too many folks, hoping to save $ or ???, delay until the attack is well developed before taking the med. Doesn't work; effect is blunted and useless.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!