Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Theory behind Remission with TRT (Read 1949 times)
SmallNStout
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Theory behind Remission with TRT
Jul 2nd, 2014 at 12:20pm

Out of all of the research I have done, I have noticed some trends with regards to TRT and remission with Cluster headaches. Most of the studies are done using a transdermal method of delivery. Although the steroid being delivered is potent, it does not have the same bio-active factors as an intramuscular shot of an estherized steroid. This introduces a lot more variation in the reactions of patients to the steroid - and although there are a fair number of cases of cluster headache remission, there are also a lot that show it to be ineffective. Had the dosing protocols been adequate and the method been Intramuscular injection, I believe the success rate would have been higher, and here is why.

All forms of introduced exogenous Testosterone eventually cause natural testosterone to halt. The lower and more spaced out the dose, the longer this takes. There are two ways the body stops producing Test: in the testes and in the HPTA (Hypothalamus Pituitary Testicular Axis). The Testes stop first, being largest producer of Test, and then the HPTA shuts down sexual steroid production. It is my theory that the shutdown of the HPTA is what halts the cluster headache attacks in men. Since the current driving idea is that there is a hypothalamic dysfunction that causes Cluster, shutting down one of it's primary functions and effectively atrophying it makes some sense.

Men with low T while on TRT at the regular IM injection protocol (50-75mg of Testosterone Cypiate a week) are brought up to the normal range of Testosterone. The lower the individual, the longer it takes for the body to reach shutdown.

I did not have low T - my total test was at 572 before TRT. I started TRT at the regular protocol and noted some immediate difference within days in the severity and frequency of my attacks. When I increased the dosage and frequency of injection (100mg of Test Cypiate every week) all symptoms of cluster disappeared. Although I am awaiting bloodwork results to confirm, I believe I am likely at a high Test level (1200 or more), and my shutdown was rather quick. Anecdotal evidence for this is that when I go into a "trough" (time when the half life of the Test Injection has expired and my body has no real source of Test) I experience all of the symptoms of Low T. If left long enough like that, my Cluster headaches return.

What do you guys think of this theory? Is anyone else here on TRT and on an injected protocol?
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2014 at 10:16am by SmallNStout »  

IP Logged

Ryan Preece
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Theory behind Remission with TRT
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 9:17pm

I am an episodic cluster head ache sufferer, recently  about 2 months ago i started a cycle. I had mention test levels and trt to my doctor before but he was not very receptive to the idea and thought verapamil was still the best option. So i decide to experiment on myself after researching trt dosing and administration i talk to a bodybuilder friend of mine and he got me some test prop which i inject every 2nd day 50ml an injection. There is different kinds of test but i chose prop because of the short time it takes to start working. I was 2 weeks into my cluster cycle when i started taking the test and 5 days my cycle broke and i havent had one since.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Re: Theory behind Remission with TRT
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:19am

I've read many posts about success with correcting low "T". If it helps you, you have been blessed. This doesn't work for everyone. PF forever!

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!