Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is it coming back? (Read 3294 times)
Chris Goldfarb
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Is it coming back?
Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:47pm

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed in 96, and had them for about 3 weeks. It was terrible.

I haven't had any since that single episode, but I'm really worried it's starting again. I'm getting piercing headaches at the same times every day and the intensity and durations are getting worse. It's been escalating for about a week now.

My question is - i know there are chronic sufferers (I can't imagine what it's like for you guys) and those like me who had them once. But are there ever cases like this where it's been 8 years with nothing at all?  Is it at all common?

IP Logged

feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
Re: Is it coming back?
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 7:25pm

Hi Chris, I know that some people skip years. I think you'd be better off posting your question in this part of the forum to get more replies from those with more experience:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Sorry you're going through this Sad

Smiley wife of 48 year old husband who suffers from episodic CH ~ Batch's Anti-Inflammatory Regimen works!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:09pm

For episodic CH, most people will have 1 or 2 cycles a year, then there will be people with less frequent cycles with the number of people going several years between cycles dropping off rapidly. The distribution will probably look something like the right hand side of a bell curve.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2014 at 11:03am

Common? In my early cluster years I had 2 a year. At the beginning of fall and again at the beginning of spring, each about 6 to 8 weeks. When I got to my 50's they stopped for about 6 years. Then came back in the old pattern for a few years then I went chronic 3 and a half years ago. They are very mild now compared to the old days, only 3 or 4 wake calls a week with KIP never over 5.
Just hang in there, Chris. Maybe they'll come back maybe not. Best thing to do right now is get stocked up on meds, oxygen/non rebreather mask, energy drinks, etc and you might get started on the D3 therapy now.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

didgens
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2014 at 1:38pm

ok you know I gotta ask ,, are you having any other symptoms with this ?? stomach issues ,, hay fever, sneezing ,, have you moved recently ?

IP Logged

Chris Goldfarb
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 3:26pm

Thanks guys. No other symptoms - but I'm 100% positive it's another cycle. Thankfully it's on the way out now - doing so much better than I was a couple weeks ago.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 6:37pm

Good to hear things are improving. Hope you get another long break before you get another cycle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!