Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D3 / Verapamil - Third time lucky; I hope (Read 1533 times)
neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

D3 / Verapamil - Third time lucky; I hope
Aug 21st, 2014 at 1:16am

My experience may be interesting for people who have not been able (yet) to get the D3 regimen work for them or who are trying it in combination while still on Verapamil.

After two unsuccessful attempts with a relatively aggressive D3 dosing schedule I made my third attempt a few months ago.

I am chronic and after alternating between Lithium and Verapamil over the past few years (and a dozen other things) I had to conclude that even in low cycle the only thing working reasonably well was Verapamil at 680-720mg per day.

While on this Verapamil dose I started with the following daily regimen

10,000 IU Vit D3
Omega 3 (EPA 360mg / DHA 240mg)
500mg Magnesium
10 mg Zinc

Daily with the biggest meal and glass of fresh orange juice.

Didn't use any calcium because of Verapamil or Vit K (had a thrombosis last year) and also didn't apply any Vit D3 loading doses, sticking to only 10,000 per day.

After 3-4 weeks on this dosing schedule I started reducing Verapamil by 40mg per week. Interestingly, for 1-2 days after each weekly Verapamil reduction I felt the occasional pressure in my CH area that then settled.

I am now down to 160mg Verapamil (which I know would do shit for my CH on its own) on the same D3 dosing schedule and my head is holding up.

Since I haven't been on this low dosage of prevents for many years I am now certain that the D3 regimes is/has taken over.

Slow in and slow out I believe were the keys to making it work thus far in my case.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: D3 / Verapamil - Third time lucky; I hope
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 3:45pm

Hey Neuropath,

Thanks for the feedback on how you've made this regimen work for you...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Wayne
CH.com Old Timer

RedBull Rules!!

Christchurch, New Zealand|
Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 7:44pm

Neuropath, I wish you the best of luck with this and will be following your progress closely.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

IP Logged

feisty
CH.com Veteran

west coast, BC, Canada
Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 3:53pm

That is great!

But I would add Vitamin A, Vitamin K2, and boron to ensure that the Vitamin D is effective and properly regulated within your body in the long term Smiley . Based on my research, I would caution against an "a la carte" approach to the regimen (other than omitting the calcium which IMO is one of the less critical ones anyway, fortunately).

Smiley wife of 48 year old husband who suffers from episodic CH ~ Batch's Anti-Inflammatory Regimen works!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!