Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
another d3 question (Read 657 times)
ginger1927
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

another d3 question
Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:00am

hi all

this is going to be a rant/question out of frustration so apologies in advance.

46yo male. clusters since 17. misdiagnosed until 30. since then have run the gamut as everyone here has.  verapamil worked at first as a preventative then not so much. i am very fortunate in that energy drinks, exercise, or a bare minimum of an imitrex tip will usually abort. ironically O2 has never worked consistently as an abortive.

now the present. after nearly 3 years pf, they are back with a vengeance.  every 3-4 hours around the clock. O2 has helped more this time than ever.  i have always been a vitamin/supplement taker so the anti-inflammatory protocol was a no brainer. also went to doc. started me on a combination of verapamil, topamax and, indomethincin in hopes of breaking the cycle. after 10 days on the meds, they seem to be worse. frequency and intensity. i tried increasing the vitamin d but the devil seems to  hit harder. i've taken vitamin d and fish oil every day for years and have increased the amounts since the beginning of the cycle.

any suggestions. i normally stay away from prescriptions as preventatives and just abort as needed but this cycle is brutal.

thanks

matt 

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: another d3 question
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 6:02pm

Maybe shoot Batch a PM, he's the guru on the vitamin
D3 regime.

Hoppy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!