Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any suggestions, feelings really down. (Read 1853 times)
wsnurse
CH.com Junior

Give a Smile every Day

Any suggestions, feelings really down.
Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:08pm

I am looking for suggestions. Been chronic since last September. Current plan of care: D3 12000,bcomplex, multivitamin, magnesium,fish oil.

Verapamil 720 daily, imitrex and O2.
Just went up again on verapamil from 600mg to 720mg with no improvement.

Getting 1-3 hits daily 7-9 kip last 1-3 hours.
I haven't had any break Since September 20th.
Really need a break starting to loose my mind.

Any suggestions?? Tried stopping antiflammatory regiment and CH got much worse so I know it's helping just need a little more help. Having trouble reading through the posts,hard to focus.

Thanks for the support
wsnurse

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Any suggestions, feelings really down.
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:25pm

Is there any way you can time the hits so you can slip out and get your hair done? A manicure, perhaps, or buy a pretty dress.

Fighting back can be a strong weapon.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 7:06pm

Have you contacted Batch directly via PM? He might be able to suggest a few tweaks in how you're using the D3 to get better results.

IP Logged

wsnurse
CH.com Junior

Give a Smile every Day

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:27pm

No haven't tried directly to contact him. Kind of new to posting. Not sure how to message him directly.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 9:16pm

wsnurse, a PM is a private message you can send to another member of the board and it serves a terrific purpose.

Find any post by Batch and his name is in the top left corner. Click on it, scroll down, and click on 'send personal message'.

Fill in the subject line, write your message and hit send. It will go to him and no one else.

When he replies the message notification top left of your screen will show you have a new message.

Only good days ahead,

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 6:40pm

Wsnurse,

Sorry to be so slow in responding... The Wx here in the Puget Sound area of Washington has been cold and clear for the last week so I've been out with the chainsaw doing my Paul Bunyan thing cutting up fire wood...

I'm also sorry you're having such a rough time...  I know what you're going through... and there's a few things we can do that should change things for the better.

For starters, it appears the anti-inflammatory regimen is providing some help in lowering the frequency, severity and duration of your CH.  This is a good sign and something we can work on to make it even more effective as a CH preventative. 

The first thing you need to do is see your PCP for a lab test of your 25(OH)D serum concentration.  Be sure to discuss the following when you do....

If your 25(OH)D serum concentration is less than 60 ng/mL, you can increase your daily vitamin D3 intake to 20,000 IU/day for a couple weeks plus take a 50,000 IU vitamin D3 loading dose once a week on top of the daily dose.  You'll need two of these 50,000 IU vitamin D3 loading doses (one per week) over the 2-week period. 

At the end of the 2-week period you can drop back to your regular vitamin D3 dose of 12,000 IU/day plus Omega-3 Fish Oil, 400 mg/day magnesium and the rest of the vitamin D3 cofactors

If your 25(OH)D serum concentration comes back around 80 ng/mL, you're likely suffering from another comorbid condition that's consuming vitamin D3 metabolites leaving too little to prevent your CH. 

If this is the case, you can also safely elevate your 25(OH)D serum concentration up to 100 ng/mL using the loading schedule above to see if that helps reduce the frequency and severity of your CH.

Note: In case you think your PCP will get hissy or go into fibrillation over the vitamin D3 doses and resulting 25(OH)D serum concentrations, download and print out the following link ahead of time and take it along when you go in for the lab tests:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You also need to work with your PCP to determine if you have another comorbid condition.  Comorbid conditions like this can be viral infections, (colds, flu) or bacterial infections... Urinary tract infections are very common.  Allergic reactions are also major consumers of vitamin D3 metabolites.

All of the above conditions lead to inflammation and an immune system response.  Inflammation and an immune system response consume vitamin D3 metabolites rapidly.

Finally there's another category of comorbid medical conditions that impact on the metabolism of vitamin D3.  These include hepatic, renal, thyroid, parathyroid, pancreatic and GI tract insufficiencies.  Your PCP will know how to test for these conditions.

The next thing to look at is diet.  Avoid all sugars, glutens and peanut products... Eating alkaline forming foods is a good start.  I also like the GOMBS diet, (Greens, Onions, Mushrooms, Beans-Berries, and Seeds-Nuts).  A handful of each a day can work wonders...  If you Google "GOMBS diet" and "Alkaline forming Foods" you'll come up with plenty of things to try...

I read through your posts and it appears you were also having a problem with oxygen therapy.  We can fix that problem. 

You need to start using the latest oxygen therapy procedure that involves hyperventilating with room air for 30 seconds following by inhaling a lungful of 100% oxygen and holding it for 30 seconds.  You keep repeating this sequence until the CH pain is completely gone... Four to 5 cycles like this is usually sufficient.

Reply #2 at the following link will walk you through this method of oxygen therapy.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This procedure works great with the ClusterO2 kit from here at CH.com and oxygen flow rates as low as 5 liters/minute.  Hyperventilating with room air will also prevent the feeling of panic you get when CO2 levels rise as a result of low lung ventilation.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

wsnurse
CH.com Junior

Give a Smile every Day

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 3:38pm

Thanks Batch,
I have appointment today. My last Vitamin D test results were 6 months ago was 78 on 12, 000u daily.

Sorry to hear you are struggling too. I have a great job and they are great with when I have to take a break to do O2 or Imitrex shot. I try not to do the shot if I can avoid it. I have read mix messages about rebound headaches.

What are your thoughts
Thanks for all the info I will give it a try.

Smile,
Kim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!