Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Say hello to my little friends (Read 1692 times)
mmm3bbb
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|San Francisco|USA||0|0|CA,California
Say hello to my little friends
Jun 1st, 2015 at 1:39pm

OK, I think I have the ultimate cure. After an unprecedented 8 week cycle for me (normally last 3-4 weeks every 2-3 years) and despair starts to set in as I battle the insurance company and try to figure out whether *this* attack is worth my last Sumatriptan inhalers for 9 days (yes, I'm on O2 and D3)... something happened.

Through an insurance anomaly, I was able to get 18 Sumatriptan nasal inhalers on one day plus the 2 I had in the cabinet = 20 inhalers. That was 6 days ago and my attacks stopped the day I got all those inhalers. The beast saw my assembly of forces and high-tailed it.

Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Say hello to my little friends
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 3:23pm

You bloody bewdy! You've now simply to continue stocking up while PF and frighten it clear off the planet.

Happy days!!!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2015 at 3:32pm

Hi m3b

Could be coincidence or just maybe your anxiety level dropped low enough for the beast to lose interest.

Powerful thing sugestion re anxiety, similar to the placebo effect which can account for > 40% sucess in pain control. But that's the mind for you.

One thing that you might want to try (other than prescription anxiety remedies) is something called  Co Enzyme Q10 which can act like magic on some folk at relatively small doses (1 x 120mg / day)

Another effect it can have is relaxing the vascular walls and making them more elastic, a property shared by Vit D. This is useful in controling "spikes" in BP associated with CH but most relevant at times of large atmospheric pressure changes.

Any way good for you and hope things carry on PF

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 9:02am

You just scared the old beastie away.. Keep stocking up and maybe he'll stay away..  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 11:05am

None of us can be the judge. You've created a dilemma by taking 3 abortives; attacks have stopped; but you, and we, don't know why.

It's the problemof trying more than one abortive at a time. You don't know which one is effective and so you have to either contiune use all 3 or risk stopping 2 of them an see what happens.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

mmm3bbb
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|San Francisco|USA||0|0|CA,California
Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 2:54pm

Lad, I actually do have CoQ10 in my fistful of vitamins. And there is something to be said for a bit of anxiety reduction from my army. Who knows.

Bob, I have largely predictable results with O2 (knocks it out for a couple hours) and Sumatriptan (knocks it out for the night)... but neither ends a cycle. The question is whether the cycle would have ended without D3 regimen. And, as I'm sure you can relate to, I don't care. I'd just like to get some distance between me and and the beast.

Barbara & Brian, stocking up indeed. I think that was the only thing that got me through this cycle.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2015 at 7:33pm

Maybe just stay on the vitamin D regime from now on,
and see how you go, It has lots of us CH free, myself
included.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!