Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So How Was Your Summer Vacation??? (Read 1208 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
So How Was Your Summer Vacation???
Aug 10th, 2015 at 8:38am

Hope everyone had a great summer and a lot of PF time.

Me? Well, it's been just one damn thing after another damn thing...

I got my house robbed while I was in Austin and have JUST NOW got it straight with the insurance company. Hate insurance companies.. but hopefully they FINALLY got things settled. I received ONE check (out of four) Saturday and the nice lady assured me that the others were on the way..

Then I fell and cracked a bone in my leg.. so I've been on the injured list since June. Am on a cane now and doing lots better. Doc tells me that OLD people just take time to heel...

So everything was getting back to normal and THEN my well pump decided to quit working.. you can live without a lot of things, BUT NOT WATER.

I have a HOME WARRANTY policy on everything on this hill and called the people (in a panic) and they assured me they would tend to it immediately. That was LAST Tuesday! The pump is working intermitendly (off and on), but so far I still haven't seen a repair man. I even TOLD them where to find one, but it seems he'd worked for them before and they FORGOT to pay him.

Needless to say, I'm about ready to blow a gasket. I've simmered all weekend and think today I'm going to call these people and tell them if they don't get someone out here today to install a new pump that the insurance commission is the next call I'm going to make! Then there's a little matter of breach of contract (and yes, I do read insurance polices - all the fine print) - they're definitely in breach of this one. And a little "false" advertising (they advertise nationwide).

But I haven't been hit with a CH so that's the good news.. (a couple of migraines, but those I can handle).

Hope everyone had a better summer than I did and maybe with fall (and cooler weather) we'll all get back to normal and have a great fall and winter. After all we're starting an election year and this should be a lot of fun and games...

Luv ya all..  Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus

So many donuts, such little
time...

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NJ,New_Jersey
Re: So How Was Your Summer Vacation???
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 4:34pm

Damn Barb, when it rains, it pours.  My mother in law is going through a similar situation with her condo.  The poor woman is about to have a nervous breakdown dealing with the insurance company and the condo association. 

The closest i've been on a vacation is going to stay with her for a couple of weekends.  I think Gordon and I might do something for our 10th year anniversary in December...10 years...wow, still seems like yesterday. 

Hope all works out.

Hugs,
Langa

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 5:24pm

10th anniversary? Cool! Is there going to be any donuts?

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus

So many donuts, such little
time...

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NJ,New_Jersey
Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 7:10pm

BobG wrote on Aug 10th, 2015 at 5:24pm:
10th anniversary? Cool! Is there going to be any donuts?

Is this a trick question?  Donuts are always on the menu in this house.  However, as you may know, the Langa Donut Foundation is always grateful for donations.  Roll Eyes

Langa

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 7:53am

And you know donuts were invented in Vegas.. Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!