Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question Oxygen Demand Valve (Want to Buy 1st one) (Read 1335 times)
Stan1
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Question Oxygen Demand Valve (Want to Buy 1st one)
Nov 12th, 2015 at 3:57pm

I live in Canada and finding a demand valve system is a bit trickier than in the US.

One company o_two has this one 01DV3000

I have 2 questions.  One is this the right kind (it comes with a 6 ft hose  with a DISS fitting and mask.

The other question is regarding what kind of regulator to hook it up to.  I have this one from ratermann.com
SE/REG-540-0-25-LPM-DISS/Medical-Regulator-CGA540-0-25-Liters-per-Minute-with-DI
SS-Outlet.

I can't post active links because I have not posted at least 10 messages sorry.

From what I have read on this forum the regulator has to have a DISS fitting that does not go through the LPM selector.  I have no idea if my regulator is like this or if I would also need a new regulator.  The demand valve company said to set the regulator to 0.  I use an M tank btw.

The manufacturer o_two does not sell directly to the public they referred me to a reseller Allied Medical.

I guess my 3rd question is whether there is another brand/company I can/should contact in Canada.

I have been using O2 for about 6 months and it is the only thing that sometimes helps for my atypical chronic cluster headaches.  I recently tried Zomig nasal spray after not trying triptans for many years and it had the same effect as in years before with other triptans.

It aborted the headache but I got worse headaches and more frequents headaches 24-36 hours after taking it.  I use the O2 sometimes 4 or 5 sessions, ice and a lot of suffering.

I am currently on 600mg verapamil (for about 4 months at various doses) and it has made things a bit better but still not great.  My neuro has mentioned adding lithium but so far we have not crossed that bridge.

I want to try demand valve to see if it will help more than the 25lmp regulator and the cluster O2 kit I bought here.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Question Oxygen Demand Valve (Want to Buy 1st one)
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 5:47pm

Hey Stan,

I suspect you're not using an effective procedure with the ClusterO2 Kit from the CH.com store.  The best procedure and breathing technique is detailed in the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The answer to your question on the DISS fitting is it has it's own pressure regulator per the DISS standard...  It will work with any oxygen demand valve with a pressure hose terminated with a DISS fitting.

I've also sent you a PM you need to read before buying an oxygen demand valve system...

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Stan1
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 9:40pm

Did the D3 regime.  Was tested and was the equivalent of 86.5 ng/ml.  Have been taking high dose magnesium glycinate for years.  Used to take fishoil but stopped a few years ago.

My breathing technique with O2 is something I have not really worked on.  I will try some of your hyperventilating techniques with my 25lpm regulator and report back.  My headache story is about 13 years running before that it didn't get them.

Was only recently diagnosed as atypical chronic cluster after seeing a new neurologist in a different city,  My old neuro said I had some type of chronic migraine and still does not think it is cluster.  Whatever you call them my quality of life has really diminished in the last 13 years.

Btw when I started high dosing vitamin D I felt my headaches improved a little bit and I still take large daily doses of it.

Oxygen has been one of the only things that has helped but it is not foolproof.  So far with probably not good technique my success at aborting really early have not been great.  Mine usually start quite mild and can take a long time to reach max and then they stay at max for much longer than most cluster people.

I will definitely try some different breathing techniques especially the hyperventilating without O2 for a 4 or 5 cycles and then a full breath of O2 and hold for 30 seconds, then repeat.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 9:54pm

I have a demand valve from the link below, it works quite well.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!