Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
35 years and counting (Read 927 times)
maryo
CH.com Veteran

Johnny & Roy puzzle where
to apply the O2 mask

x1|Little Deer Isle|USA|usa|536|53|ME,Maine
35 years and counting
Nov 13th, 2015 at 9:25pm

Just checking in to say hi. So, yeah, 35 years I've had this disorder, 28 years with no diagnosis, and getting what I need is still hard at times. Hopefully my new oxygen supplier works out better than the last one.

I have good success with verapamil, what a god send. I go off it every 2 weeks to see if the episode has ended (the two 10/10 attacks last night kinda suggest they haven't) and give my bowels a chance to work again.

Anyhow, I'm one of the lucky ones who has successful prophylactic treatment. In 2-4 weeks my episode will end and hopefully I won't have another until Fall of 2016.

Interesting that one of my sons has an episodic neurological illness primarily involving left trigeminal neuralgia (my CH are right sided).

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: 35 years and counting
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2015 at 9:37am

Folks who have short breaks between cycles often stay on their Veap. 100% of the time. Consider this approach vs. being every watchful and anticipating.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

maryo
CH.com Veteran

Johnny & Roy puzzle where
to apply the O2 mask

x1|Little Deer Isle|USA|usa|536|53|ME,Maine
Re: 35 years and counting
Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 7:24pm

OMG the side effects of Verapamil are a bit much so every day certainly isn't worth it to me.

Usually I can go off the verapamil after 4 weeks. The rest of the year I have a nice level of amnesia. Except I have been having a second, shorter episode a couple of months later. But still, I love my 9/10 months off verapamil.

Thanks for the tip anyhow. It's so nice to come on here and read/hear sensible thoughts!

Still waiting for oxygen. Orders were phoned in almost 2 weeks ago. I guess it's coming Friday. There are a few things I'd change about the world, and one would be quicker oxygen for CH!!
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2015 at 7:26pm by maryo »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!