Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dear Batch - starting the D3 Regiment (Read 8367 times)
rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Dear Batch - starting the D3 Regiment
Dec 16th, 2015 at 10:20am

Hello Everyone,

Its back so Im back.  This time Im doing the D3 regiment.  My cycle just started, only feeling the aura and shadows after 2 years of pain free. so I went and got and started taking as of yesterday the following :

D3 :  started with heavy dose of 30,000mg/day
fish oil : 1000mg/day
calcium citrate : 1000mg/day

drinking lots of fresh lemonade.

anything else i should take starting today (day 2)? magnesium (i heard they might assist in bringing on the headaches??)

when should I do the boost of 50,000 D3 ... on 4th day?

I must tell you I feel much better today than I did yesterday and day before.  less shadow and decreased Aura.  I think this may work! Dear GOD I hope it does.

Batch Im sorry, I never did the lab test to check my  levels of 25(OH)D , so I apologise for not for not being to do the survey. 

Should I also take something to protect my stomach from all the vitamins I will taking?

thanks so much for your help!

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Dear Batch - starting the D3 Regiment
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 11:12am

Hey Rookie,

I'm sure it's just a typo, but the measurement for the D3 should read iu and not mg.

Just check to be sure.

I'm sure Batch will pick up your questions.

Best of luck.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 11:33am

Hello Peter,

Yes a typo  Cheesy ... thanks for pointing out.

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 11:14pm

Hi rookie,
              Its not to late to still get that blood test.
Plus, you need to look at the entire list of vitamins to take, they all compliment each other. Magnesium is a very important one, each works with the other to achieve a result. Plus the vitamin K2 menaquinon m7, this is important to direct the calcium away from the vains etc and to where its suppose to go, bones, teeth etcBatch has recently posted up the entire regime, you would be wise to get all of it and follow his guide.
as a guide, they say you should take the magnesium as a 2 to one ratio to the calcium.
I'm sure Batch will p.m you or post up, but please do take everything as per the regime..
hope this helps
colin
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2015 at 11:17pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 12:31am

Hi rookie,
Forget the Calcium! It's no longer on the menu! Just  take 1/day Kirkland Mature Multi and you will get all the other cofactors in one go, including all the Calcium you need, but you must take 400-500mg/day of Magnesium to help absorb the vitamin D into your bones. Also, the whole regime must be taken in one go, with your main meal of the day.

rookie wrote,  magnesium (i heard they might assist in bringing on the headaches??)
Just the opposite! They help to alleviate headaches.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2015 at 1:50am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 4:11am

Thank you Hoppy & blacklab,

so I will go ahead and drop the calcium citrate and instead add 1/day kirkland Mature Multi & 400/500 Magnesium.

what about the vitamin K2 menaquinon m7, Vitamin A, Vitamin B 50, and zinc?

also, I have started out with 30,000 D3.  based on this, how long do I continue on this dosage and when do I do the 50,000 Booster?

Just to let everyone know, I have had no attacks whatsoever since starting the regiment.  and I can feel it in the background... if I wasn't on the regiment I know 100% that I would be in agony right now taking prednisone , verapamil and painkillers.
I can not believe this is actually working (for me at least) and I cant thank everyone enough for their efforts to enlighten people.

I will be taking the blood test on Tuesday.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 5:29am

You will find all the cofactors you need in the multi vitamin, except the vitamin B 50, you'll need to purchase that separate. The rule of thumb is 20,000iu/day for one month and one loading dose of 50,000iu once a week for the first two weeks, then after one month, drop back to 10,000iu/day.

Seeing as your getting some relief at the moment, maybe try 10,000iu/day together with the other cofactors and see how you go.

Hoppy.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2015 at 6:23am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 6:40am

Thanks Hoppy,

I think Ill drop to 20,000 IU starting today with the loading dose once a week.
without the blood test Im shooting in the dark so Ill get that done and post.

thanks again!

IP Logged

rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 7:11am

Hi Hoppy,

do I continue to take the 1500mg omega even with the multi vitamin?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 1:19pm

Hey Rookie,

You've made a wise decision starting the anti-inflammatory regimen.

The "Go To" link with the latest updated info on all the anti-inflammatory supplements, their doses, drug interactions and contraindications follows:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The following table represents the latest list of anti-inflammatory regimen supplements and doses:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I've found the following supplements shown by brand in the photo below are formulated with most of the supplements we need.  I buy them at Costco, but you should be able to find similar formulations at most Vitamin Shoppes, supermarkets, Wall-Mart or over the Internet:

If you can’t get to a Costco outlet, a CH’er in the UK has found a source for all the needed supplements at iherb.com.  See his post at the following link for details on how to order them over the Internet:

The vitamin B 50 is not shown.  You’ll need a 3-month course of vitamin B 50 to handle any deficiencies among the seven B vitamins. 

The Mature Multi contains 220 mg calcium, most of the vitamin D3 cofactors and enough of the seven B vitamins to prevent any further deficiencies after the 3-month course of B 50.  It just needs more magnesium and vitamin K2.

Although the Super K with vitamin K2 complex isn't essential in preventing CH, it is needed to handle the increased serum calcium made available by taking vitamin D3 at the doses we take.

There are a growing number of studies finding the super K2 complex helps direct calcium away from soft tissues and arteries directing it instead to bones and teeth improving overall bone mineral density.  I order Super K with Advanced K2 Complex from Amazon or iHerb.

Hope this helps.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2015 at 1:25pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 12:03am

Hi Batch,
Isn't the vitamin K 30mcg 38% daily value in the Kirkland Mature Multi, plus all the green vegetable's I eat on a daily basis, enough vitamin K?

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2015 at 8:08am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 4:27am

thanks Batch for your input.

fyi, this is my 5th day on regimen . shadows and aura completely gone.  Did a beer test yesterday... passed with flying colours Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2015 at 4:29am by rookie »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2015 at 5:05pm

Hoppy,

Great question...  The short answer is while you may be getting sufficient vitamin K1 from dietary sources plus the Mature-Multi, you may not be getting enough vitamin K2 if you're not taking MK-7 or a mix of MK-4 and MK-7 supplements... 

The nutrition experts at the Life Extension Foundation have formulated the Super K with Advanced K2 Complex with what they think is an optimum mix of:
vitamin K1  1000 mcg
vitamin K2 complex
        MK-4  1000 mcg
        MK-7    200 mcg

The history of vitamin K2 is relatively recent.  The first reports of another vitamin K function beyond clotting started in 1979.  In 2007, Schurgers et al show that natural vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7 (MK-7) is the most bioavailable, bioactive and longest lasting form of vitamin K.

The first study of vitamin K2 registered with clinicaltrials.gov started in 2006.  34 vitamin K2 studies have been registered in clinicaltrials.gov since then with 22 studies in the last 5 years.  The majority of these studies were conducted at the Maastricht University Medical Center, the Netherlands.

Some of the most informative articles on vitamin K2 come from Dr. Mercola, MD and Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue, ND...

"Vitamin K1 exclusively participates in blood clotting — that's its sole purpose. K2 on the other hand comes from a whole different set of food sources, and its biological role is to help move calcium into the proper areas in your body, such as your bones and teeth."

"Vitamin K2 is needed throughout pregnancy, and later while breastfeeding. It may be particularly important during the third trimester, as most women's levels tend to drop at that time, indicating there's an additional drain on the system toward the end of the pregnancy. Since vitamin K2 has no toxicity issues, it may be prudent to double or even triple — which is what Rheaume-Bleue did during her own recent pregnancy — your intake while pregnant."

Mercola and Rheaume-Bleue tend to favor taking additional vitamin K2 (MK-7) when taking vitamin D3 at 5,000 to 10,000 IU/day.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #13 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 1:59am

Batch, thanq for the info, I found it very informative and will look for the K2 tomorrow at Chemist Warehouse here in Perth.

Hoppy.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #14 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 11:27pm

Batch, I went to look for the vitamin K2, but all I could find were the low dose ones, 45mcg. So, I bought some Swiss (menaquinone 7) 45mcg + D3 1000iu and seeing I only take 5000iu of vitamin D3/day, I'll take 4 of these /day + 1 1000iu vitamin D3.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2015 at 5:36pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #15 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:01pm

Hoppy,

You will get K2 MK7 in 100 mcg (ug) tablets, without D3, on EBay. I know Solgar do them, and a brand called NOW.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 5:02pm

Peter, I did look at the iherb, Biovea, and Amazon sites, but could only find the 45mcg ones, I'll have another look for those ones you mentioned.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

shortstraw
CH.com Junior

02 blows - thankfully

Perth Western Australia
Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 5:30pm

Hoppy

You can get the K2 directly from the Life Extension website and they are actually cheaper than iherb

Alan

There are things worse than clusters .... just

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 8:46pm

Thanks Alan, I'll have a look now! I didn't know about that website.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Reply #19 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 9:52pm

Hoppy, not to hijack your thread here but I have been following it about the K2. I did find K2 (MK7) on Amazon.

Nutrigold Vitamin K2 MK-7, 100 mcg, 120 Liquid caps. I like the brand, no GMO, no ingredients from China etc. Check it out.

Judy

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #20 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 10:25pm

Hi Judy,
Thanks for the info, I'll have a look see. Like you, I steer clear of any vitamins from China, here down under I source my Magnesium and Omega 3 from Blackmore, made here in Australia, and my Kirkland Mature Multi and vitamin D3 from Biovea, in the US.

Hoppy.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #21 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 11:14pm

Thanq all! for your help,
I found the ones Batch recommends on the LifeExtention website.  Smiley.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2015 at 3:14am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #22 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 8:51am

Hey Hoppy

Smiley

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #23 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 5:52pm

Thanks thierry, that's a better Smiley than what I got, will go there next time.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

rookie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #24 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 12:33pm

Hello Hoppy and Batch,

Update : I have been on the Regimen since Dec. 26th  it has worked unbelievably so far and I have been thanking my lucky stars every minute of every day.

but in the past 4-5 days, I have begun to feel the monster coming on  gradually every day increasing in severity.  But nothing that does not get killed off very quickly with mild discomfort. But again the intensity of the pain is gradually increasing daily, like it’s about to blow up into a kip 8 but then disappears very quickly but its gaining momentum. Today it lingered for the longest for about 10minutes . Is this normal? I have tested my NO(OH)D and calcium levels today. Results will be out on Saturday. 

My daily dosage is as follows :
Vitamin D3 :  mostly 30,000 iu ( Ive never taken a 50,000 IU booster – since the effects of the 30,000 provided instant relief)
Omega 3 fish oil : 1400 mg
Magnesium :  500 mg
Multi-vitamin
All SOLGAR brand.

Is there anything I should add? Should I do a boost tomorrow ?  much appreciated guys.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!