Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
**** DEEP SIGH **** He's back so I'm back (Read 1549 times)
ford.energy
CH.com Newbie

Clearfield, UT
**** DEEP SIGH **** He's back so I'm back
Jan 17th, 2016 at 8:48am

Hi All,

Its been 3 years since I've danced with the devil and he's warmed up the band and bought all my dance cards.

I got caught unarmed no oxygen no meds no anything and its the middle of winter. I was diagnosed over a decade ago and thought I had the dance steps down, but I was wrong. I have always started during a seasonal change and my normal dance was 45 min to 1.5 hrs with marathon bouts thrown it for spice.

Today I had a weekend the first in 5 weeks we have been rolling a new network system and I have been on point. So I was planning on taking my boys to see star wars maybe a tea party with my girls then round it out with one on one time with my wife.

Then the music started I ended up screaming at my boys to turn down the video game and yelling at my 3 yr old. (She has never seen me dance) My wife didn't miss a beat she seen it coming and locked me in our room for some personal time. Through everything in the last 10 years yelling at my 3 yr old daughter, well if your on this site you know.

Anyway I tried my old moves scalding hot shower, coffee, redbull, chewing aspirin, etc. Nothing even slowed the beat, then a whole new dance started. I have never screamed before during our time together and at the 2nd hour I felt things I human being shouldn't feel. The pain was indescribable, I was screaming and wondering where the sound was coming from then I realized it was me. Here I am a professional, father of 4, happily married man in the fetal position screaming for it to stop truly wondering if I was going to die heck hoping for it.

That may sound bad for a veteran of the dance, but honestly I don't know if I have it in me again.

Anyway that said, tomorrow I start the D regimine again I noticed there have been some changes. Go get resupplied on Imitrex and Oxygen and a case of Redbull  Grin then hopefully I'll be ready for battle tomorrow.

Thank you for being here it's light in the darkness

~James

Walk by Grace

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Re: **** DEEP SIGH **** He's back so I'm back
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 12:04pm

Hi, and welcome back, though I'm sorry you had to find your way back to us.

We've all danced your dance so know where your'e coming from. Never again let yourself go unarmed. Always keep a couple of days supply of meds and 02 to see you through till you get more. 02 doesn't expire, and imitrex works even when it has - at least the injections do.
You should stay on the D3 permanently, and not just when you are in cycle. Keep those levels up there.

We're always here - 24/7.  Feel free to drop in any time.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2016 at 12:04pm by maz »  

IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 12:30pm

Feeling your pain.  Hang in there.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 1:05am

James everyone here with CH knows the pain that a CH can give, especially one where we have no abortives on hand to cut it short. Even though I'm just a few days off hitting the 4 year CH pain free point, your description brought back a flood of memories from my own persona experience where I've been in indescribable pain and going through what you describe.

You've got the right start, getting on the D3, but also get everything else to hand including:
  • Oxygen - cylinders, mask, regulator
  • imitrex / imigran / sumatriptan injections / nasal spray
  • Redbull or another energy drink with taurine and caffeine

Since D3 often takes a few days / weeks to work for some people, I'd consider asking your doctor for a prednisione taper dose to act as a short term preventive to give you some relief for a week or two.

Hang in there, you've not alone in this. You'll find someone here on the forums pretty much any time of the day or night since we're from all over the world.

IP Logged

ford.energy
CH.com Newbie

Clearfield, UT
Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 1:36am

Thank you all,

Well were into week 2 and I have resupplied, the poor doctor who saw me ...

Anyway I asked for everything I needed and he was fresh out of Med school. After the normal no I'm not having a aneurysm speech, and some extended education he gave me everything I requested.

I aborted tonight with oxygen and Imitrex but Ive been having stomach issues with the D. No big deal just a lot of Tums.

Just wanted to check in and say Thank you.

~James

Walk by Grace

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 4:35am

Hi there,

Good news that things are improving.

Are you taking the D3 and cofactors with your main meal?

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!