Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Yeah, I'm off this site for good (Read 11036 times)
Thekittykeeper
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0||USA||||MI,Michigan
Yeah, I'm off this site for good
Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:26am

I just signed back on to this sight after a several year absence. First post I read after thinking I'm back home with people who will understand my pain is some tirade about some guy who just happens to be carrying a screwdriver with him and was ready to attack a person he assumes is Muslim. The post doesnt say why he thinks he's Muslim other than that he's speaking a language the screwdriver wielding man doesn't understand.
This is a support site. I get that. However, what I don't get is what the screwdriver/potential assault story has to do with anything. I hate to break it to you but Muslims have CH too. And some are even on this site.
In other words, go sell your bigotry some place else.  This site shouldn't be the place.
And thank you for cutting off an avenue of help for me since I refuse to be part of group of close minded wackadoodles.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage"

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Re: Yeah, I'm off this site for good
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:35am

Sorry to see you go.

Mark

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 4:42am

The post you speak of is located in the "General" topic section. Anything can and will be discussed in this area as long as it does not violate the site owner's guidelines. In other words you could see posts containing someone's thoughts on macroeconomics, guns, someone's cat or a question about the proper hubcaps for a '52 Packard.

No one is selling anything including "bigotry". No one has ordered Muslims from this site, nor would that be allowed to happen.

Quote:
And thank you for cutting off an avenue of help for me since I refuse to be part of group of close minded wackadoodles.

Ironic that you would express such sentiment as it seems to fit perfectly the very definition of bigotry.. "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself".

I do hope you reconsider and return to find the help you seek in the Cluster Headache Help and Support areas where there is a wealth of information that is available to all people without regard as to race, color or creed.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 6:02am

Hey Kittykeeper,

This community is like any other, with the full mix of people from all walks of life, religions, colours,political persuasions and intellectual abilities.

In fact, all the more so, because it is represented by people from all over this amazing planet of ours.

We share ONE common thread....Cluster Headaches.

There is a wealth of experience, knowledge, views, but also compassion and friendship here.

It would be a great shame for you to cut yourself off from all that just because you read some views that are abhorrent to you. You will come accross opposing opinions everywhere in life.

Take what YOU need from the people here, ignore the rest.

Hope to see you post again.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 7:50am

Goodbye

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 7:51am

I agree with you, KittyKeeper, that various posts on the General Board can be hateful, horrible and inexcusable (and I'm not even an American) but it also remains true that there's a wealth of information here, and friends, who may be able to help a little in our fight against this monster.

Our CH Specific and Medications boards contain more information and help than exists within the rest of our mortal world. It's yours for free and no-one will ever know you're online.

If you're uncomfortable posting further, you are ever welcome to send a Personal Message to any member here who you feel may be trustworthy, or click on their profile for an email address.

We truly mean well and will help if we can.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #6 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 11:02am

Thekittykeeper wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 3:26am:
I just signed back on to this sight after a several year absence. First post I read after thinking I'm back home with people who will understand my pain is some tirade about some guy who just happens to be carrying a screwdriver with him and was ready to attack a person he assumes is Muslim. The post doesnt say why he thinks he's Muslim other than that he's speaking a language the screwdriver wielding man doesn't understand.
This is a support site. I get that. However, what I don't get is what the screwdriver/potential assault story has to do with anything. I hate to break it to you but Muslims have CH too. And some are even on this site.
In other words, go sell your bigotry some place else.  This site shouldn't be the place.

Wow. Talk about intolerance and hateful comments....... all delivered from behind a thin veil of political correctness.

It is surprising how many people feel that they should be able to dictate how others should think and act. When were you put in charge?

After 14+ years of chronic CH's, I am darn glad that I didn't cut myself off from here because I got my feelings hurt. Had I done that, I might still be chronic instead of 99% pain free.

If you have CH's, then you know the desperation that comes with them. You know about those dark and scary places in the recesses of your mind.

Take what you need, and leave the rest.

Marc

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #7 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 6:34pm

It seems to me she just came here to pick fault, rather than to seek help.

Hoppy

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #8 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 10:30pm

Thekittykeeper, the post you refer to was on the general board, where we just chat about anything.  It often has nothing to do with CH, but that particular board is not meant to. General chatting is a form of support too.

Sorry it upset you so much. I commented on that thread so I'm one of the closed minded wackadoodles that you refer to.

You seem to think no one is entitled to a personal opinion, or to chat about something that has happened to them unless it's CH related.  How closed minded is that ? Ther are other things in life besides CH - for most of us anyway.

If you change your mind at a later date, and need help or reasurance, please come back.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #9 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:13am

Quote:
instead of 99% pain free

Does my heart good to hear this.  Marc, Joe, Drummer, etc. pretty much got it whipped.
"Praise the Lord!"

lyg

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #10 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 1:31pm

Bob P wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:13am:
[quote]
"Praise the Lord!"

and pass the ammunition.   Shocked

I guess I am a wackadoodle too.   Grin

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #11 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 5:13pm

Bob P wrote, "Praise the Lord!"

I feel blessed to be a pain free wackadoodle on here  Smiley

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2016 at 5:33pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #12 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 5:43pm

Wackadoddles are people, too, and they have feelings, too. Wackadoddles lives do matter. Please don't discriminate against the Wackeys.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #13 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 6:28pm

I've kinda out grown wacking my doodle......but y'all carry on as you see fit.  Cheesy

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #14 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:00pm

Hopefully he/she can see the humor and compassion displayed by fellow sufferers here, and come back for real help with CH's. I do sincerely understand the emotional reaction......

I signed up here and with OUCH in 1999, but I deleted myself because I got "butt chapped."  But, I am soooo glad that some very special people here showed me that I was taking myself far too seriously and that I should come back - for MY benefit.

I did and THAT was a decision that truly changed my life.

After being a chronic sufferer with daily CH's for 14+ years, I now have control of my days and nights because of this site.

There is no way that I can begin to describe the value and importance of that simple statement. Go away or stay - it your a personal choice.

I sincerely hope that folks have the wisdom to do what is best for themselves!

Marc
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2016 at 8:53pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #15 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 8:44pm

Bob P wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 7:13am:
Quote:
instead of 99% pain free

Does my heart good to hear this.  Marc, Joe, Drummer, etc. pretty much got it whipped.
"Praise the Lord!"

lyg

Indeed!

I cannot begin to tell you how much I count my daily blessings. (Uh oh, will I get banned for saying that?)

You well know the routine that we all share. Every now and then, Stacey will look at me and say: "Go hit the O2 tank."  Apparently it's still about how I tilt/twist my head and neck.....  A couple of minutes with my big green girlfriend and I’m smiling. (My old girlfriend Vera took a lot longer to provide relief – but I was younger then.)

After initially trying the original Peruvian Butterfly Fart treatment without avail, I found that apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, Boji stones and about sixty five other things - were of equal value to me.

Turns out that vitamin D is my friend, and the guy who brought to us was driven away multiple times. (He kept at it hard, changing names as he got banned each time)

For a bit, I figured that I had aged out. But, now I know that if I don't stick with the program, the beast comes sneaking back in......

BUT............If I had allowed my ego to reign, I would have never learned what I know now.

Marc
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2016 at 8:55pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #16 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 8:50pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Jan 24th, 2016 at 6:28pm:
I've kinda out grown wacking my doodle......but y'all carry on as you see fit.  Cheesy

Way to go..... I'll never hear the song "Yankee Doodle" in the same way again!

Marc

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 8:18am

Good grief!! Shocked  Was just giving a little of my life in the "fast lane" -- guess that's what "wakadooles" do..

Been here since 98 and never "edited" what I said to date so I guess I'm a little OLD to start now.

Bob P == I guess that guy don't want to hear about your new house either.. but the rest of us do.. And Marc - how are things on the Prairie?  This is still the General Board and I guess we'll still keep up with what's going on with each other... Sorry if it OFFENDS someone.. but ... that's life..  Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 10:12pm

Whackadoodle first class reporting for duty.

If I ever become so PC I think I have the right to tell someone else what to think or how to think, will someone please shoot me and put me out of your misery?

There are those on this board I am diametrically opposed to philosophically and politically, but I love them, just the same, and I look forward to hearing what they think and why. I am not required to agree, nor will I probably. I will still love them because we have something much more important in common, and there is nothing that makes me happier than to hear they have become PF.

It is because of this family I became 80% better, which set me up for the final coup de grace and become 99% PF for the first time in over 40 years, 12+ of which were refractory chronic. To me, this is much more important than whether I agree with another poster's political views, OR their reaction to a percieved threat from another person, Muslim, Buddhist (never heard of a threat from one of them), Hindu, Christian, or Athiest. I guess you can throw in Shintoist, Anamist, or any other flavor you wish to be.

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up for what you believe/don't believe, and you want to forego the help you can get here because you get your panties in a wad, sorry, but you are on your own. We are here to do what we can to help, but we are also here to express our thoughts and opinions, and make no apologies for whether you agree/disagree.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #19 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:35pm

I swear i've heard this before!!!!
Peter510 wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 6:02am:
Hey Kittykeeper,

Take what YOU need from the people here, ignore the rest.

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #20 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 6:40pm

Hey ...there it is again
[/quote]

Take what you need, and leave the rest.

Marc [/quote]

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #21 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 7:02pm

wacky doodle
if i had a nickle fer every cat that got offended and left this site i'd have to get a bigger piggy bank
...aw fuck me!..did i say "piggy"?...forgive me...i'm old and crotchety and ..... that was NOT an intentional slur about fat people, peace officers or in NO way intentionally  related to the most blessed and revered  holy scripture quote about "casting pearls before swine"
I dearly enjoyed this stream..ya old farts chiming in...
PS: Muslims kinda give me the creeps too...i'd think looooooong and hard if one applied to babysit my kids....specially if they had "suicide headaches"
yikes
walk in the sunshine
den

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #22 - Mar 16th, 2016 at 7:22pm

Oh dayum...that was FUNNEE...and I don't care who ya are.........................

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Blue Meanie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #23 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 4:32am

Screwdriver ? Hmmm, would have had a BIGGER knife.  Smiley

Sorry you feel so badly about those who do not follow your  politically correct way of thinking. I am sure the person meant no harm other than IF he would have NEEDED to use it.

IP Logged

dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
Reply #24 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 11:47am

i don't come home to CH.com often...butt this thread reminds me of SOOOO many threads in the old days....people hurt ...and people caring. Cept for Boob....he's an not a very nice person....damn DJ...you an yer censorshit...Boob is an a$$hole says i
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2016 at 11:49am by dennisoc »  

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!