Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Continuous headache for over two months .... (Read 2749 times)
painfulnoodle
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Dayton, TN
Continuous headache for over two months ....
Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:10pm

I've had a continuous headache for over two months .. no resolution ... last week it started triggering Clusters .. 1-3 hits a day now ... thank God I've been stock piling Trex injections for months .. anyone else had a situation like this?

I'm 54 ... only had one bad cycle in four years ... thought maybe the 50+ thing was working for me ... much pain.

Blessings,

Joe

unclejed925@yahoo.com UncleJed925  
IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Re: Continuous headache for over two months ....
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:37pm

Have you looked into the vitamin D-3 regiment I was chronic for over 10 yrs ch"s everyday I thought I was going insane until I found vit D-3.

Mark.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:45pm

It sounds bloody awful, mate. Have you discussed it with the doctors? What sort of things have you tried?

We'll help however we can.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:56am

Hi Joe,
Sounds to me like the beast has been circling you for the past couple of months, and now he's landed, time to abort him with those trex injectors, wishing you pain free days ahead.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:59am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 1:13am

AussieBrian wrote on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 10:45pm:
It sounds bloody awful, mate. Have you discussed it with the doctors?

I totally agree with Brian. For the long duration headache you need to be working with your doctors to get a diagnosis.

For the CH part, what are you using to prevent and abort CHs?

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:34pm

Cephalalgia. 2010 Apr;30(4):399-412. Epub 2010 Feb 15.

Cluster-like headache. A comprehensive reappraisal.
Mainardi F, Trucco M, Maggioni F, Palestini C, Dainese F, Zanchin G.

Headache Centre, Neurological Division, SS. Giovanni e Paolo Hospital, Venice, Italy. federico.mainardi@ulss12.ve.it

Abstract
Among the primary headaches, cluster headache (CH) presents very particular features allowing a relatively easy diagnosis based on criteria listed in Chapter 3 of the International Classification of Headache Disorders (ICHD-II). However, as in all primary headaches, possible underlying causal conditions must be excluded to rule out a secondary cluster-like headache (CLH). THE OBSERVATION OF SOME CASES WITH CLINICAL FEATURES MIMICKING PRIMARY CH, BUT OF SECONDARY ORIGIN, led us to perform an extended review of CLH reports in the literature. We identified 156 CLH cases published from 1975 to 2008. THE MORE FREQUENT PATHOLOGIES IN ASSOCIATION WITH CLH WERE THE VASCULAR ONES (38.5%, N = 57), FOLLOWED BY TUMOURS (25.7%, N = 38) AND INFLAMMATORY INFECTIOUS DISEASES (13.5%, N = 20). Eighty were excluded from further analysis, because of inadequate information. The remaining 76 were divided into two groups: those that satisfied the ICHD-II diagnostic criteria for CH, 'fulfilling' group (F), n = 38; and those with a symptomatology in disagreement with one or more ICHD-II criteria, 'not fulfilling' group (NF), n = 38. Among the aims of this study was the possible identification of clinical features leading to the suspicion of a symptomatic origin. In the differential diagnosis with CH, red flags resulted both for F and NF, older age at onset; for NF, abnormal neurological/general examination (73.6%), duration (34.2%), frequency (15.8%) and localization (10.5%) of the attacks.

WE STRESS THE FACT THAT, ON FIRST OBSERVATION, 50% OF CLH PRESENTED AS F CASES, PERFECTLY MIMICKING CH. THEREFORE, THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCURATE, CLINICAL EVALUATION AND OF NEUROIMAGING CANNOT BE OVERESTIMATED.

PMID: 19735480 [PubMed
===================================

Link to: cluster-LIKE headache:

IN: "Medications, Treatments, Therapies --> "Important Topics" --> "Cluster-LIKE headache"

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

maryo
CH.com Veteran

Johnny & Roy puzzle where
to apply the O2 mask

x1|Little Deer Isle|USA|usa|536|53|ME,Maine
Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 9:47pm

I read of a case today in the research of hemicranial continua overlaid with cluster. When one subsided, the other became active. Yes, get thee to a neuro.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!