Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PMs (Read 5663 times)
maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
PMs
Feb 8th, 2016 at 5:03pm

Any one know if you can report PMs. I have just recieved one (supposedly from an ex member) which just takes you to a foreign shopping site.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: PMs
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 5:21pm

PM the particulars to DJ.....he will look in to it.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 6:51pm

When you say foreign do you mean American? Maybe someone here can hunt them down and break their legs. Wink

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 7:24pm

Grin Grin Grin

No, not American. Everything was written in one of those languages that has back to front looking letters.

IP Logged

Falcon
CH.com Newbie

I'll sleep when I'm dead...

Malverne, NY
Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 7:29pm

I got the same thing.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:09pm

maz wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 7:24pm:
Grin Grin Grin

No, not American. Everything was written in one of those languages that has back to front looking letters.

Wales?

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:30pm

Wales has all their letters the right way round - they just put 'em in the wrong order.  Grin

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 9:33pm

maz wrote on Feb 8th, 2016 at 8:30pm:
Wales has all their letters the right way round - they just put 'em in the wrong order.  Grin

Not just the wrong order but far too many letters too. Where else do you get place names like Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch?

I missed out on the PM, guess DJ got onto it promptly.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2016 at 9:54pm

Actually that Welsh name is only the second longest with the longest being a bit closer to home!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Quote:
    Full name: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uak
itanatahu (85 letters)

Short-forms: Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu (57 letters), Taumata (7 letters)
    Language: Māori
    Translation: "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one"
    Notes: Listed in the Guinness World Records as the longest official placename in the world.

Full name: Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch (58 letters)

Short-forms: Llanfair PG (10 letters), Llanfairpwll (12 letters) or Llanfairpwllgwyngyll (20 letters)
    Language: Welsh
    Translation: "Saint Mary's Church in a hollow of white hazel near the swirling whirlpool of the church of Saint Tysilio with a red cave"
    Notes: The longest official one-word placename in Europe.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #9 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 8:44am

I told DJ about it.. Got another one this morning. It's an ad for something. I didn't click on it..

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 1:45pm

I believe I've gotten the bogus SPAM accounts deleted and you shouldn't be getting any new SPAM message via PM.  If you receive one, please click the "Forward" button and forward the entire message to me so I can look into it.

We've been inundated with SPAM profiles recently and I've had to set the registration to Admin Approval so new accounts must be verified by me before they can actually receive a username and password to log in.  Hopefully, this will cut down on the amount of bogus profiles that get created.

Sorry for the trouble!

DJ

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 10:34am

I just sent you the one I got yesterday .. It says the guy is an EX member, but the first one said that also. He's just a persistent little troll..  Kiss Kiss Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 12:33am

I got that PM too, unfortunately I deleted it before i saw this thread so I can' t forward it on to you DJ.
It said that it was from an ex member and contained a link to a Russian website that sells a diverse range of goods.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2016 at 4:56am by thierry »  

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 5:53pm

UPDATE:  I've made some significant changes to the way people register for the message board so hopefully we won't have any more problems with spammers sending PM's.

If you should happen to receive a PM from a spammer, or you notice a post on one of the message boards, PLEASE let me know immediately so I can look into it.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

DJ

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #14 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 7:33pm

Hi DJ,
i just spotted that you have nearly 7.5 million posts under your belt in the last 14 years!!!!
You must have square eyes by now  Smiley    Cheesy
and very sore wrists and fingers.

Thanks for your work and making this site possible.

All the best

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #15 - Feb 17th, 2016 at 10:29pm

Thierry,

Just in case you didn't know.  DJ is the web master of this site.  He started it in 1998 because he suffered from cluster headaches and couldn't find anything on line.  since that time this web site has become the VERY best place to find information on our rare condition.

This site has spawned many off-shoots through-out the world, including clusterbusters.  (Last link to the left of here)   as well as many conventions over the years and life-long friendships made because of our shared condition.

DJ has paid for this site out of his own money all these years,  and we all owe him a debt of gratitude beyond measure. 

Just a little history lesson.  lol

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #16 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 12:19am

So, how's about all you hall of famer saying  Smiley with a small donation, and of course that applies to all members here at CH.com   Smiley

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2016 at 12:30am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #17 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 4:00am

Hi Lynda, I hope you are well.

Yes I am aware that this site would not exist without the tireless work of DJ.
I wasn't aware that is was as far back as 1998, his profile says 2002.
I am ever so grateful to him and all that make this site possible and I was more than happy to make a donation.

I have had the pleasure of exchanging some emails with DJ some time back and I can safely say that I have rarely met such a humble person.

All the best
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2016 at 4:02am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #18 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 5:53am

thierry wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 4:00am:
I have had the pleasure of exchanging some emails with DJ some time back and I can safely say that I have rarely met such a humble person.

thierry - there have been a few versions of these forums (3 in total?).

You can only wonder how many lives the forum has saved and transformed given that an alternative name for CH is suicide headaches.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #19 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 4:19pm

+1 Linda  Wink

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 4:17am

Mike NZ wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 5:53am:
thierry wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 4:00am:

thierry - there have been a few versions of these forums (3 in total?).

You can only wonder how many lives the forum has saved and transformed given that an alternative name for CH is suicide headaches.

I know more than I have fingers and toes that have been saved because of this site. Mine was probably one of them. I know I was in a very dark place when I found the original site on a 30 day free trial on AOL back in the day. Couldn't afford to pay for internet at the time. Later got on Juno dial-up during the second iteration, then lost it when my old 286 computer died, but had learned about O2 and was able to work enough to afford a used computer strictly to be able to get back on here. I owe DJ a debt I'll never be able to repay, as does everyone who has spent any time here at all.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 5:50am

Jerry,

I second that. How my life changed after I found this place is really impossible to describe.

I will be eternally grateful and will welcome any newcomers as I was welcomed.

Peter.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2016 at 5:52am by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 6:26am

+1 Peter

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!