Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
gosh (Read 10305 times)
dennisoc
CH.com Veteran

Conroe tx
gosh
Feb 27th, 2016 at 10:06pm

i clicked in to this site where a decade or so....everyday's posts would stretch fer miles...on the old board...DJ totally fucked it up by not being able to see the post and replies...without being able to skip the small talk.

butt...now the posts are dwindling....i count that a wonderful marvelous thing...like unto myself...this site led me to shrooms...CH free...i lost interest...stopped rowing...as the mule would say.

i only hope ...that folks are finding painfree lives...not givin up...

it would give me great pleasure ...if DJ logged in to nuthin butt "THAT WORKED...thank you" posts
CH is a killer bitch.

Wage Peace
dennisoc dennis o'connor  
IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Re: gosh
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:27pm

Yep - I was there and also had to get used to the new format. It was indeed fast and easy to scroll down through the indented, vertical posts - but things change. Kind of like the rest of the world.

You won't find a forum using that old BBS type line format nowadays. In fact, I doubt that you could make that old software work on today's servers........unless you write the code yourself.

Marc

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:06pm

There's still lots of people out there that need help and still a few OLD timers here that check in daily -- maybe we don't post daily, but we DO check in.

And yeah, I miss the old days and the feuds and the BS - kept us all on our toes and it was FUN. We could all insult each other without getting OFFENDED.. now if anyone says "good morning" someone is going to take it wrong. But this is the new world order I guess.. And THAT offends ME..  Roll Eyes

Right now I can't even think of an insult for Dennis, but I'm sure after I sign off I'll think of something...  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 2:45pm

FaceBook. Nuff said.....

Quote:
We could all insult each other without getting OFFENDED..

I dunno Barb....most don't look kindly upon those that would besmirch their name.....in person or on the net. I think you mave have confused silence with acceptance somewhere along the line.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 5:10pm

We now live in a world of "Political Correctness"! I prefer the old world of "Political Fuckoffness"! When no one got offended.

Hoppy  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2016 at 6:40pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 8:02pm

Hoppy wrote on Mar 6th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
We now live in a world of "Political Correctness"! I prefer the old world of "Political Fuckoffness"! When no one got offended.

People got offended....it just wasn't the cottage industry it is now.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 11:32pm

We are able to say whatever we want anonymously nowadays,instead of having to look them in the eyes...

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:24am

So many CHeads we could have helped but they left, or won't join, because of our behaviour.

It's happening to this day.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:08am

Racer1 wrote, People got offended....it just wasn't the cottage industry it is now.

Hi Racer,
I went to school at the Oxford College of hard knocks, where it didn't take long to become thick skinned,  Smiley but all jokes aside! I was thinking more along the lines of the nursery rhyme Baa Baa Black Sheep now banned in Kindergarten/Primary School, and the gollywog sticker no longer allowed in a jar of marmalade, etc, etc.  Sad

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:25am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:38am

Thing is, there's nothing wrong with getting offended nor offending someone.  If someone is offended by something I say or do, that's their problem.  I'm not responsible for other people's feelings, or so my shrink tells me.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 8:41am

You know Bob - you're right once again. You've been "offending" me for about 17 years now and I've been offending you back and we're still talking.. Guess neither of us have taken total offense..

did I say that right (Bob will probably correct me - he usually does). What I'm trying to say - taking offense is just a waste of time. If the other person gets mad because you have an opinion or say something they don't like then THEY have a problem..

to be honest - sometimes when I've been in a BAD state (getting hit 10-12 times a day) just arguing with Bob has kept me from going into a bad depression... and lordy I think I just said something "nice" about him.. Gotta watch that.. Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #11 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 11:23am

I'd respond but I'm not talking to you Barb!

PC is just person A trying to make person B responsible for person A's feelings.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #12 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 3:20pm

Exactly. "Political Correctness" is nothing more than a tool used to squelch honest and open dialog.

Want to stop people from developing critical thinking skills? Don't allow the dialog.

Marc

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #13 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 4:09pm

Hola....I've been tumbling this around in the vast emptiness that is my mind...and I am torn.

What PC has become is a blanket stifling of ANY opinion/statement/view that is not in line with the "norm". Problem is ....YOUR norm may not be MY norm. Society goes on these big pendulum swings on a regular basis...for some reason we can't settle in the middle. What was once common and inoffensive (intentionally that is) becomes a slur and a provocation...there is no gradation!

I have a distinct memory of an assembly...at Lincoln grade school....in 1965 when I was a 5th grader.
The Principal...Mr. Bremmer...was quite a serious guy...not a cuddly bone in his body...when he spoke you listened. Perhaps that is why the memory is so distinct. ...

Anyway ...his topic was a nursery rhyme...which went like this:

eeny-meeny miney mo...catch a n****r by the toe....if he hollers make him pay.....you know the rest......

From now on it was to be "catch a TIGER" by the toe. We didn't quite understand...but we were fine with it. Anyone disagree that this was PC? Anyone think it was "wrong"? Shoot...I never met a black person until I was 17...and I had no idea what I had been saying...but it was the start of my realization that "common accepted" can be vastly inappropriate....

My own Mother lived to be 89...I could never get her to stop calling Brazil nuts "n****r toes" or black infants "pickaninnies" (tho eventually not outside family). That lady had not a bigoted or prejudicial bone in her 1st grade schoolteacher body. I never met anyone who didn't like her...anyone of any color. But... she was born in 1915...in Connecticut...on a farm... and that was just "common accepted"....

There IS a place for PC...although I dislike the term....everything does NOT have to be political. it's just gone WAY too far.......

Best

Jon
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 4:20pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #14 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:08pm

AussieBrian wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:24am:
So many CHeads we could have helped but they left, or won't join, because of our behaviour.

Brian...lighten up dude...you even joined in on what has to be the FUNNIEST thread ever on ch.com.
I love Monty Python.....but this one cracks me up and makes me cry  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Best

Jon

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #15 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:55pm

Wow.  Just wow.  That throwback to 2010 post made my day.

I'm looking for the special spot I can rub, where it just clicks.   Cheesy

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #16 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 6:03pm

Joshua wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:55pm:

Don't forget to put that underwear on your head...or that liquid energy shit will get EVERYWHERE!

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 7:59pm

jon019 wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:08pm:
AussieBrian wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 12:24am:

Brian...lighten up dude...you even joined in on what has to be the FUNNIEST thread ever on ch.com.
I love Monty Python.....but this one cracks me up and makes me cry  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Best

Jon

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Potter

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 8:03pm

Joshua wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:55pm:

Be very careful...... you might hurt someone's feelings.

We get posters that are convinced that they have found their cure for Cluster Headaches, so let us respect that and rejoice in their pain free lives. Then let us help to spread the word, so others can suffer needlessly.

Sure, people have left here because they didn't feel warm and fuzzy. But, how many other sufferers have endured horrid countless hours of sheer agony while they held out hope for Boji Stones - or some other equally valuable remedies?

There are reasons that some folks react strongly to some posts. I can assure you that it is not rooted in cruelty or some perverted badge of honor as some folks have intimated.

Marc

IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 8:41pm

I take your point.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #20 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 9:36pm

Aussie Brian wrote, So many CHeads we could have helped but they left, or won't join, because of our behaviour.

Brian, I've lost count on how many one post newbies I've replied to over the years "With a warm welcome and a positive reply" only, never to be seen or heard of again, and in the same period of time, I could count on one hand, the newbies that have been offended by a comment from one member or another.  Wink

Cheers and  Smiley Smiley Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2016 at 9:43pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #21 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 3:23am

Hoppy wrote on Mar 7th, 2016 at 9:36pm:
... I could count on one hand, the newbies that have been offended by a comment from one member or another.

You must have many, many fingers on that hand.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #22 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 5:22am

I'm talking about newbies, the ones that may have been offended by a first comment to their post, but have stuck around to make a point, and then leave, but I can't recall any that have just left on the first comment made. Maybe you can find me a post where this has happened.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2016 at 4:56pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #23 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 5:48am

Hoppy wrote on Mar 8th, 2016 at 5:22am:
... I can't recall any that have just left.

That's because they've gone, Hoppy.

I correspond regularly with a few of them but don't think for a second I'm telling you who they are.

IP Logged

Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus

...PF since Oct.'02, thanks
to ClusterBusters...

Austin|USA|Texas
Reply #24 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 7:31pm

Now I'm offended. Just as there's no "me" in TEAM, there's no "U" in behavior...

just sayin'... Cool

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me...This will not kill ME..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!