Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Menthol Sniffers (Read 12484 times)
lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Menthol Sniffers
Mar 11th, 2016 at 4:41pm

If this didn't have Goadsby's name attached I wonder what abuse it would attract?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: Menthol Sniffers
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 4:48pm

Yep I know Migraine isn't CH but I know from experience the same single problem can lead to both HA's however the differing identification of the HA type leads to two different treatment approaches.

Same cause, two differing diagnoses, two different drug regimes.

That's HA experts for you!

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 5:07pm

I've used menthol (essential oils) in a hot bath for years .. it didn't stop either headache but made it easier for a while.

The D3 has me in "remission" from CH, but I'm still suffering from migraines so think I may try this .. Probably won't hurt me and at least I'll breathe better for a while.

I do put Vicks up my nose when I get real bad as well as rubbing it on my head. That's got a lot of menthol in it too.

Whatever works ..  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 5:23pm

Whatever Works, absolutely.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Our individual Chemistry Sets (our bodies) are extremely complex and so are the plants that grow around us.

Its bad when we have a bad reaction to something but great when we find something that works.

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 7:33pm

I have used tiger balm, peppermint oil and cinnamon oil for a long time. They all seem to lighten the strength of the HA and sometimes seem to shorten them.

I use them on the nostril opening and on the eyelid...

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 2:26am

Another old favourite for migraines is Lavender Oil! A few drops in the bath, or rub some on your forehead, and a few drops on your pillar works wonders, or so they say.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2016 at 10:41pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 7:18am

Hoppy,

A few drops on your pillar works wonders.  ??????????????

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 11:19am

Hey Peter510....
I thought the same thing. Great minds think alike.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 11:44am

CDog wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 7:33pm:
I have used tiger balm, peppermint oil and cinnamon oil for a long time. They all seem to lighten the strength of the HA and sometimes seem to shorten them.

Yep that should fix that pesky headache.

Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 12:08pm

Please keep in mind if you are going to try this, that smells of any kind is a huge trigger to many of us. Perfume, candles, air fresheners, kerosene, citronella, etc.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 1:43pm

Thank you Potter

For your lack of wit, understanding of science or what causes a HA (nor of what will assist a HA)

Perhaps you have grasped that smells / odours / fragrances can create a headache but you must have been missing in school when they did their curative properties.

A few years ago you might have been press ganged into the book burners, the Luddites or the Flat Earthers. You missed your time!

Someone as vociferous as you who can spot the stupidity in people and know from instinct (not knowledge) that someone is talking bollocks might also have missed the week when your school underlings were learning about irony.

Potter you are a non entity, your abuse delights you but harms no one else other that you. You are not interested in facts you are driven by a very warped ego.

You could take a different tack and start enjoying life for the reasons of helping, supporting or giving. Or you can wallow in your own self satisfied dissatisfaction. Your choice, your life!

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 1:48pm

Peter510 wrote, A few drops on your pillar works wonders.  ??????????????

For migraines  Smiley

Hoppy

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 2:12pm

lancashire Lad wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 1:43pm:
Thank you Potter

For your lack of wit, understanding of science or what causes a HA (nor of what will assist a HA)

Perhaps you have grasped that smells / odours / fragrances can create a headache but you must have been missing in school when they did their curative properties.

A few years ago you might have been press ganged into the book burners, the Luddites or the Flat Earthers. You missed your time!

Someone as vociferous as you who can spot the stupidity in people and know from instinct (not knowledge) that someone is talking bollocks might also have missed the week when your school underlings were learning about irony.

Potter you are a non entity, your abuse delights you but harms no one else other that you. You are not interested in facts you are driven by a very warped ego.

You could take a different tack and start enjoying life for the reasons of helping, supporting or giving. Or you can wallow in your own self satisfied dissatisfaction. Your choice, your life!

I just knew you or one of the unwashed would jump right on in.

Potter

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 2:27pm

Potter

You are not funny

You are thick

I'm writing in short sentences

to help you understand

When I came here

I was frightened

I fear no man

Nor animal

You got off

scaring people like me away

Now

Its pay back time!

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 2:56pm

lancashire Lad wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 2:27pm:
Potter

You are not funny

You are thick

I'm writing in short sentences

to help you understand

When I came here

I was frightened

I fear no man

Nor animal

You got off

scaring people like me away

Now

Its pay back time!

Begin the beguile.

Potter

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 3:00pm

Benign Infantile?

We'll see!

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 3:25pm

lancashire Lad wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 3:00pm:
Benign Infantile?

We'll see!

Seems to be yer pissin match.

Potter

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 4:47pm

CDog wrote on Mar 11th, 2016 at 7:33pm:

Wouldn't those items be potentially dangerous around mucous membranes or in the eyes? Like blindingly dangerous.

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 6:14pm

Not so far...

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #19 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 6:31pm

I believe that some of you newer members may not have read DJ's rules of conduct.  Here is a portion that applies to a certain poster on this thread.

Debate is welcome (and encouraged), but attack ideas and opinions; not personalities.  Note that putting an "in my opinion" type of qualifier on a violating statement does not change the fact that the statement violates these standards.

Personal attacks or threats against other board members will NOT be tolerated. Racist, sexist, Anti-Semitic remarks, or hate speech will not be allowed. Calling a member 'troll' or using 'troll' or similar emoticons is considered a personal attack.  Abuse of the Private Message (PM) privileges, harassment, stalking, etc... will not be tolerated.

While Potter was being flippant...he did no name calling.  Please adhere to DJ's rules.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #20 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 6:36pm

And so the great unwashed to bed.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 7:18pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 6:31pm:
I believe that some of you newer members may not have read DJ's rules of conduct...

There's some older members would benefit from reading it, too.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 7:55pm

I am often puzzled at how people want to mold a place to fit their personal vision of what it should be - as opposed to what it really is.

When DJ says there is a problem, I will most certainly pay attention. When one of his moderators ask for a change....OH YOU BET that I will.

I can only assume that it is an egocentric thing that makes people want to control the dialog of others....... because their opinion must be the correct one? Other views of acceptable conduct just don't matter to them.

Amazing, really - when you think about it.

Marc

IP Logged

Marc
CH.com Old Timer

TX
Reply #23 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:04pm

Hoppy wrote on Mar 12th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
Peter510 wrote, A few drops on your pillar works wonders.  ??????????????

For migraines  Smiley

Hoppy

What? You haven't heard that essential oils and aroma therapy will cure your CH's overnight? Get with it man!

Hey, aspirin works for me - so help me spread the word. Otherwise I will call you names and tell you that you are evil because all cures need to be discussed here.

That way, CH sufferers can endure even more agony while they try BS treatments! If you wonder why I seem intense about this: Been there and done that.

Marc

IP Logged

lancashire Lad
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #24 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:25pm

Sarcasm is one way but by far ridicule is the best.

This is a public place where folks come looking for / to help.

If you want a private blog to rip each other apart that's fine, get to it.

But whilst its public and ridicule is countenanced from one side but not another then what's the point?

Someone comes on and says this works for me and is flamed, that's OK. Then somebody else has a pop at the flamer and that's not OK.

These are your rules not mine although I did miss the bit in DJ's rules that says established members here have the right to be obnoxious and newbies can like it or lump it.

Whilst you have sarcastic / ridiculing behaviour permitted by the Moderators for the old timers you will keep churning out the same old, same old.

Which is a shame because there is a wealth of knowledge and experience that is being squandered by the locals who feel they need to repel all borders.

« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2016 at 8:25pm by lancashire Lad »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!