Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any Christian CH sufferers on here? (Read 3934 times)
Jimdoug
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Any Christian CH sufferers on here?
Mar 29th, 2016 at 1:26am

Just suffered my worst episode yet last night. I had been CH free for 2.5 years until this season.  I have been dealing with these every spring and fall for 10 years until this past reprieve for over two years; now it's back.

What do you do when you have begged God to take this pain away?

JD

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: Any Christian CH sufferers on here?
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 2:19am

Hi Jimdoug and welcome,
Check out the vitamin D regimen! Click on Medications, Treatments, Therapies on the home page and then scroll down and click on the link "123 days PF and I think I know why". You can find all the info there, it has a good record for becoming pain free with us Spring and Fall clusterheads, myself included.

Cheers, Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2016 at 2:22am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 2:47am

Jimdoug wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 1:26am:
What do you do when you have begged God to take this pain away?

JD

Welcome to ch.com...and READ...and read....and read......HERE   The Lord helps them  who helps themselves. Whether ..it's O2... shrooms...verapamil......energy drinks... prednlsolone...D3...or whatever,,,,

Don't  wait for a tap on the shoulder....or a smack on the head....The Lord provides...ya just gotta accept...he don't necessarily hold yur hand...................

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 4:12am

Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus - the lot. Never heard one say that thier prayers worked.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 4:19am

What are you currently taking to prevent your CHs and to abort then when you get them?

Let us know more detail about your CH and how you deal with them and we'll be able to give you some good advice to help.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 10:33am

Well, my mama always said, "God don't put nothing on you, you can't handle."

Sometimes I've wondered, but after all these years I'm still around so.. she was probably right..

Read, read, read... there's worlds of information on here from those of us who are right where you are now.. We've questioned about everything and supported each other and looked for help here (and got it).

The D3 regimen is working for so many of us right now. I've been PF going on three years now (after too many years of being chronic). If you have questions check with Batch. But do it right...

And there's O2 - it's helped so many of us over the years. There's NO CURE for this, but we CAN live with it.

Let us know how you're doing and remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE and we're here to help.
Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 11:08am

maz wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 4:12am:
Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus - the lot. Never heard one say that thier prayers worked.

If prayers worked there would be lots of cured cluster heads or dead ones.

Potter

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 2:20pm

Oxygen, verapamil, D3, imitrex, etc, etc, etc has never cured a damn thing but they sure helped. How does anyone know a prayer wouldn't help?

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 2:53am

God created everything, including CH, and gave it to a chosen few.

God is all-powerful and could cure CH in a moment, but chooses not to.

Gods are strange.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 7:48am

Worked for me.  10 years pain free now.  Thing is, He answered my prayers on His schedule, not mine.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 1:49pm

What Bob P said. ^^^

Yes, there are a number of us who are Christians on here. No place in the Bible does it say God will take away our problems just because we ask or demand that He do so. However, it does say He will be with us in our trials, that he will give us the strength and ability to handle them, and He will give us wisdom to find the solutions. The thing is, we tend to want Him to just wave his hand at the issue and take it away. That's not the way He does things.

All throughout nature, God created what we need to care for whatever health issues we have. We, however, have not been bothered to pay attention to what He provided for us, and as a consequence, we have had to deal with that lack of attention. The "we" is historical and inclusive of all of humanity. God created mushrooms, which are now being found to be therapeutic for a wide number of different health issues, but they've been ignored by most of the population in favor of science. Look at the number of us who have become PF because of ingesting small amounts of the magic mushrooms. He didn't create them to be abused, but used. However, because of those who chose to abuse them, our all-knowing governments banned them. Marijuana has much the same history. The number of treatments available from Marijuana is growing almost daily, yet it has been banned. Is this God's fault? Vitamin D was created by God for our benefit, and it is available to us from the sun, but also in our diet, but we choose to not eat healthily. When we then get sick, is it God's fault?

Perhaps instead of begging God to take the pain away, when you know that is not the way He works, you should ask Him for wisdom (He tells us to ask for wisdom in the book of James, and He promises to give it) to find the answers in what He has already created for our benefit. Read, read, read here and on Clusterbusters to find answers. Check out what is working for other people and you may well find yourself PF and living life again the way God created you to live it. (38 weeks PF, and loving life.)

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #11 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 2:29pm

Nice post Jerry and glad to hear you are doing well and PF.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #12 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 6:56pm

Nicely put Jer'...

...another version: the Lord helps those that helps themselves...

...or then......

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 7:36pm

Not a true believer myself, but because our blood and bone is made up of dust from the universe, that's where I look and say thankyou at times.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 1:03am

Aye, Jon. There is a lot of truth, there.

I fully believe God gave us the mushroom for our head, cancer, and a host of other things. He gave us Marijuana for epilepsy, cancer, and a host of other things. He gave us Vit D for the head, for our hearts, for our immune system and a host of other things. And there are many other healing creations God has given us.

We on the other hand have abused them and outlawed them, and then we blame God because we weren't open to what He created for our benefit. Then when our house gets swept away, as it were, we want to blame God.

Thank you, Peter! I'm loving life at this moment! Cool

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 2:26am

Callico,
couldn't say it better myself.
All the best

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!