Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sick and CH (Read 1927 times)
bwaide
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Sick and CH
Apr 12th, 2016 at 12:15pm

So, I'm in the middle of a cycle right now.  Which sucks.  Started back on D3 and used up most of my imitrex stash.  This cycle started back in February and I'm ready for it to be over with.  In any case, I've been sick the past couple days with last night being the worst.  The whole achy, fever, coughing, no appetite type sick.  I couldn't help but notice that my head hurt through the fever but it was nowhere near the severity of my typical attack.  So my question is, does anybody here recall having an attack while sick with a fever?

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Sick and CH
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 1:35pm

Bwaide,.

Yes, it happened to me a few weeks ago with a throat infection.

You should take Benadryl last thing at night until your illness has passed.

What do you mean you "started back on D3..." ? You should never stop taking the regimen, whether in Cycle or not.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:23pm

You are both back to the most primitive way of explaining a disease: If you have disorder "A" and than "B" developes, then the first casuses the second.

This goes back to bleeding: "bad blood" causes  X disease.
So if you have "x", then bleed the patient. Many a patient was bled to death by good physicians.

Even if we polled our membership and found that 15% of us had a cluster attack while down with a cold--it would not prove any relationship between the two conditions.

Don't forget the revolution in medical thining which developed when this was putlished:

Neurol Sci. 2013 May;34 Suppl 1:71-3.
Cluster headache: what has changed since 1999?
Leone M, Cecchini AP, Tullo V, Curone M, Di Fiore P, Bussone G.
SourceDepartment of Neurology, Headache Centre and Pain Neuromodulation Unit, C. Besta Neurological Institute and Foundation, Milan, Italy, leone.m@istituto-besta.it.

Abstract
The peripheral and central origin of pain in cluster headache (CH) and trigeminal autonomic cephalgias (TACs) has been matter of debate. In the last decade, a number of information came from both animal and human studies. This paper briefly highlights main data from these studies. Taken together, THERE IS NOW SUFFICIENT BODY OF EVIDENCE INDICATING THAT CH and TACs can be regarded as a unique headache spectrum-syndrome, DUE TO INVOLVEMENT OF SPECIFIC BRAIN AREAS.

PMID:23695050[PubMed

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:47pm

I've been belted a couple of times while crook with something else and it really is the living hell.

They're completely unrelated, of course, but it truly proves, "Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse..."

Wouldn't have surprised me if my favourite toilet got washed out to sea.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

drmatt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

San Diego
Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 11:26pm

bwaide wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 12:15pm:
So, I'm in the middle of a cycle right now.  Which sucks.  Started back on D3 and used up most of my imitrex stash.  This cycle started back in February and I'm ready for it to be over with.  In any case, I've been sick the past couple days with last night being the worst.  The whole achy, fever, coughing, no appetite type sick.  I couldn't help but notice that my head hurt through the fever but it was nowhere near the severity of my typical attack.  So my question is, does anybody here recall having an attack while sick with a fever?

When I used to suffer with CH's they would affect me more when I was expressing symptoms or during/after a stressful situation.  After reading much research on the topic, I have found that it has to do with increased sympathetic tone.  Or increased stress to the nervous system.  Think of your body like a bank account.  Anytime you withdraw money, your bank account goes lower.  Likewise, when your body has a stressful event(getting sick, relationship troubles, drinking, etc.) your "health account" decreases and you get closer to overdrawing your account.  When you overdraw your bank account, you have penalties and fees you must pay.  The same thing goes for our body when we overdraw our health account.  There is a cause of your CH's, and being sick compounds the issue.  Hope this helps. Smiley

To find out how I got rid of cluster headaches check out my video: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

LovinItAll
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Atlanta, GA
Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 8:31pm

Sort of late to the game here, but....

I've had chronic CHs for a number of years. I'm not kidding when I say that oxygen saved my life. At 2-4 CHs/day, I think I would've checked out had I not found that oxygen aborts them relatively quickly. Anyway, I have another condition that requires hospitalization every couple of years. When it hits (acute abdominal pain, vomiting, etc.) my CHs go away for a day or two. It's like a supreme being says, 'I'm cutting you a break.' It's the damndest thing.

Of the two, the CHs are far more painful, but for sheer misery, the blockage is pretty brutal, too.

I had pneumonia at the end of February. No break from the clusters with that.

Hope you're all better!

~LR

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 4:39am

LR,

Are you not on the D3 Regimen???????

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

LovinItAll
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Atlanta, GA
Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 4:36pm

Hi Peter,

I tried the D3 regimen for about 14 weeks and didn't receive any benefit. In fact, I can't think of anything I haven't tried except for LSD. I quit smoking, drinking, and moved from the southeast to the desert to try and ditch these things. No luck.

It's interesting how humans can adjust to almost any condition and have it become their 'normal'. CHs are just an inconvenience now. I guess I'm lucky... 98% of the time the onset of my CHs come right when I awaken, so they are predictable. As long as O2 is close by, I'm good to go. There are much more insidious conditions, so if CHs are the worst health problem I ever have to endure, I'll consider myself blessed.

Take care -LR

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!