Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member, old problem (Read 1711 times)
Cornishman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New member, old problem
May 17th, 2016 at 5:50am

Hi from Kernow, UK. This is my fifth year suffering Cluster Headaches and I thought I'd research a little more and stumbled upon this site.
Great group and source.
I design php websites and run a small hosting company, but during the "season" (normally eight to ten weeks) I find my work throughput is reduced drastically!
The headaches always occur between 24:06 and 24:08 and then 02:36 and 02:44.... clockwork. But the artifacts/spurious leftovers are aggravated by using my eyes and seem to intensify the headaches when they occur.
Two years ago I gave up the smoking habit when I read that this may help reduce or even stop the headaches, not so, but I can now taste my food and my home is less like an ash tray.
Oxygen is the only medium that resolves the symptoms, I thank my Doctor for being well informed for that one, bless her.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2016 at 5:59am by Cornishman »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: New member, old problem
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2016 at 6:23am

Hello Cornishman,

Welcome to CH.com. Sorry you had to find us, but glad you did.

Have you looked into the D3 Regimen to manage your CH ?

It was devised by our good friend Batch and has been a life changer for me and 80% of the Clusterheads who have started it.

You can read about it in the Medications & Treatments section, under the thread "123 days pain free....". There's a lot of reading, but well worth the effort.

Post here anytime, even if it's only to vent. There's always someone here and experience, advice and understanding are abundant.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:59am

You have a very good support group which is worth exploring.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2016 at 7:23pm

Hi and welcome

Are you using any preventives to cut down on how many CHs you get? Something like verapamil, lithium or topamax?

IP Logged

Cornishman
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2016 at 4:00pm

Bob Johnson wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 10:59am:
You have a very good support group which is worth exploring.
ouchuk dot org

That's great, another one I had never stumbled upon, but will definitely pay attention to.

Quote:
Are you using any preventives to cut down on how many CHs you get? Something like verapamil, lithium or topamax?

No, my Doctor has discussed this with me, but there are a couple of other complications preventing the use of most of the 'preventatives'.

Thank you all for the welcome and advice.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - May 20th, 2016 at 4:19am

If the "conventional" preventives have been ruled out, how about trying the vitamin D3 route that a lot of us have found to work well (85%+)?

IP Logged

Cons Law
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2016 at 3:19am

Hi Cornishman,

I gave up on the 'preventatives' as the side effects were worst that than any benefit. I have been on the Batch's D3 regime for almost 4 months now at I am convinced it is helping. Headaches are not completely gone but intensity has reduced for the most part and exhaustion after attacks is substantially reduced.

Stay Positive

Con

IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #7 - May 25th, 2016 at 11:58pm

Greetings & Welcome to Clusterville

Do visit the OUCHUK site Bob posted above.  They can help you get 02 to abort the atttacks.

And, after 11 years chronic, I've been pain free for the past 2 1/2 years . . . . using the D2 regimen.

Be Safe,

PFDANs,

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!