Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm Back (Read 1104 times)
Baysea
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

I'm Back
May 17th, 2016 at 3:32pm

Hello CH friends.  It has been quite awhile since I have been through a bout and on here.  I am on the CH facebook page.  Today marked the end of my PF days since 2013.  I had one of the longest remissions I can remember.  I will say that I had one remission close to this length and both times I took mushy's out of cycle for fun.  The only two times in life I had ever done it.  Maybe there is a correlation to the longevity of PF days...maybe not.  Anyone else have the same experience?  A little about me: Started when I was 14, 1991, took 13 years to get diagnosed and I am 38 now, female living in Alaska.  I take imetrex and verapmil during cycle and O2 when it helps (not always).  Anyways...I am not happy to be back, but stoked that I have this support network to help me limp through my dark days.  Much love for you all.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: I'm Back
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2016 at 4:23am

Hello Baysea,

Sorry you're back, but a big welcome anyway.

If you haven't been in touch for some time, there will have been some developments since you last logged on here.

In particular, I am referring to the D3 Regimen. It's been a life changer for quite a few of us.

You can read up on it in the Medications & Treatments section, under the thread "123 days pain free....".

There is a lot of reading but well worth the effort.

Ask lots of questions and post here anytime. There is always someone to lend a listening ear, good advice and understanding.

Keep well,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2016 at 7:18pm

Hi and welcome

I'll also suggest you look at the vitamin D3 as it has worked wonders for my CH and for a lot of people. Batch will no doubt be sending you info on it soon.

For your use of oxygen, I'd read up the info on our oxygen page (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) as it can provide some great advice on how to make using oxygen very effective.

And the support from people here is amazing as everyone either has CH or supports someone with it, so people understand what we're going through in a way that others just don't understand.

IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2016 at 12:07am

Hi & Welcome

My only abortive was 02, used Verapamil to good effect for several years. 

My attacks started 1/01, wife found this site 2/02 . . . . eleven years chronic . . .been pain free last 2 1/2 years using the D3 regimen.

Read, read, read and ask any questions you may have.   You've found your new home among folks who truly know the pain of the beast.

Be Safe

PFDANs,

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!