Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
God help me, the Beast awakens... (Read 920 times)
sterling_hugh
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

st paul, mn
God help me, the Beast awakens...
Jun 10th, 2016 at 9:27pm

My Name is Sterling. I live in Minnesota.

The  Beast is transient, evolving, veiled in transparency.
I am 58. CH since my late 20's. Chronic in my 30's-40's, became episodic in my 50's. Currently, my bi-annual cluster cycle starts the 3rd week of June, lasting (8-10 weeks). I dodged the winter cycle somehow without any medication.

Abortive things I have at the ready are: Imitrex (sumatriptan) pill and injection, Mirganal Nasa Spray (dihydroergotamine mesylate, USP), Topamax, "alternative medication(s)"

I actually feel pretty lucid at the moment, alto the dog days of summer approaching are casting long shadows. Long shadows indeed...

I'll spare you all the details, feeling anxious. Drinking lots of iced coffee, on Week 1 of D3 regimen 2-week loading schedule, inducing all supplements and co-factors.

God help me, the Demon awakens...

Sterling Hugh

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: God help me, the Beast awakens...
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 12:56am

Hi Sterling, and welcome,
The vitamin D regimen doesn't always work when in a cycle for some folk! Myself included, but hang in there, and stay on it, and hopefully the beast will never visit you again. I'm Now pain free for the past three years after dealing with the beast for forty three years.

Cheers hoppy

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 3:59am

Sterling,

You're very welcome here. It's clear that you are an old hand at this, so there's not much point in going through the standard advice given to newbies.

I don't see Oxygen mentioned in your armoury ?????

Hoppy is right, persevere with the D3 Regimen, just as Batch recommends. It will be worth it.

You should get your blood serum, 25 (OH) D, check as soon as possible to establish your level at the starting point. Odds are you're low. You are aiming for 80 ng/ml.

Once you have reached that level you should be pain free, although there's a good chance you will feel the benefits before that.

Then continue taking the daily maintenance dose of 10,000 iu, FOREVER. Too many people stop the Regimen as soon as the pain stops and then have to start over when the Beast returns.

Once again, welcome and keep us posted.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 6:23pm

Hi Sterling and welcome

Peter510 wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 3:59am:
I don't see Oxygen mentioned in your armoury ?????

Have a read through Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. It has a huge amount of info about using oxygen to kill CHs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!