Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Backgammon (Read 1579 times)
AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Backgammon
Jun 11th, 2016 at 6:20am

I've always enjoyed a spirited game of backgammon.

People don't play board games anymore, which is sad, so I'm interested to know if there's an internet thingummy where I can have a good game.

I've found a couple of sites that offered promise but one of them was unsure of the rules while the other was such a lousy player I felt sorry for it.

All ideas appreciated,

B.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: Backgammon
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 6:54am

Brian, facebook is the way to go.

Hoppy

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 8:25am

Did you know that Backgammon was invented in Las Vegas? Visit the town and you'll find lots on games being played. Bring $$$.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 9:55am

BobG wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 8:25am:
Did you know that Backgammon was invented in Las Vegas? Visit the town and you'll find lots on games being played. Bring $$$.

I knew you'd get that one in .. Grin Grin   Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus

...PF since Oct.'02, thanks
to ClusterBusters...

Austin|USA|Texas
Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 12:02pm

Yes, Bob, and so were hamburgers, the wheel, and hair. Oh, and beer.Little known "facts".... Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me...This will not kill ME..

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 6:18pm

Bring $$$$$$$$ and leave it all behind.

Want to know how to leave Las Vegas as a millionaire? Go there as a billionaire.

As for backgammon, try a few of these - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I've not played the game for a few years but always found it fascinating how the complexity jumps as soon as you bring the doubling cube into play.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 2:37am

Thanks, Mike. They're the programs I've been playing but I found either they are too easy to beat, or the configuration of the game is so convoluted it's simply no joy to play.

Was using a great Yahoo program that could only play a running game, and it was good at running, so I'd intentionally set up a back game. Had a ball! One game especially I was in for a flogging and simply started hitting at every chance, regardless the blots I left. I eventually beared off leaving leaving five opposition counters still in my home board.

I use DennyM's computer for it and would even consider downloading a program it I knew it was good, and safe.

Delighted to here about the Las Vegas connection, too, though it's left me a little confused because beer was invented by ugly women. If it truly happened in Las Vegas then there must be ugly women there but I also have it on excellent authority that all of the local ladies are beyond beautiful.

I shall treat myself to a golden coldie and cogitate quietly.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!