Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ice pick headaches (Read 1029 times)
mabus
CH.com Junior

And the Beast shall be
named Mabus - Nostradamus

x0|Seattle|USA||0|0|WA,Washington
Ice pick headaches
Jun 11th, 2016 at 7:13pm

Hello all!  I've been CH-free since the fall of 2014, so maybe there is something good to be said about getting old!  My seasons were always spring and fall, so I've always been a wee bit leery as April and October rolled around, but The Beast hasn't arisen.

But yesterday, his little brother came by to visit. 

I've been getting sharp, quick jabbing pains on the opposite side of my normal CH's of a KIP 8-9, but a second later it's gone.  They come and go, but never last long.  I mean, by the time I can gasp from the pain, it's gone.  Half a second in some cases.

I wondered if I was about to have an aneurysm, so I played googledoctor, and came across a LOT of other sufferers who describe the exact same symptoms under the moniker Ice Pick Headaches.  And it seems that many CH and migraneurs experience them, according to the web.

Have any of you had ice-pick headaches in or out of season?

.mm

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Ice pick headaches
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 7:50pm

Yes, I've had them too.

As with any change in headaches do discuss this with your doctor. Whilst it may be CH related, it might not be so it is always worth checking up with a real doctor.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: Ice pick headaches
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 12:42am

Yup...years ago...for multiple concurrent cycles. It was out of the blue...Kip 10's nearly instantly on then off! CH... once "understood"... no longer scared me...but this did...just STRANGE. After I figured it was just another form of the beast...I came to prefer it. A couple of seconds vs a couple of hours... I could deal with that. It has not re-occurred......

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!