Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Teva Suspends Zecuity (Read 1752 times)
Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Teva Suspends Zecuity
Jun 16th, 2016 at 10:52pm

Teva Pharmaceuticals Suspends Sales, Marketing, and Distribution of Zecuity

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

On June 13, 2016, manufacturer Teva Pharmaceuticals announced it has decided to temporarily suspend sales, marketing, and distribution of Zecuity to investigate the cause of burns and scars associated with the Zecuity patch. Health care professionals should discontinue prescribing Zecuity, and patients should stop using any remaining patches and contact their prescribers for an alternative migraine medicine. Refer to Teva’s Dear Health Care Provider letter and the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) updated Drug Safety Communication for more information.

On June 2, 2016, the FDA issued a drug safety communication warning that the FDA is investigating the risk of serious burns and potential permanent scarring with the use of Zecuity (sumatriptan iontophoretic transdermal system) patch for migraine headaches.

Since marketing of the Zecuity patch began in September 2015, a large number of patients have reported they experienced burns or scars on the skin where the patch was worn. The reports included descriptions of severe redness, pain, skin discoloration, blistering, and cracked skin.

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Teva Suspends Zecuity
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:26am

Good spot, Batch, and welcome home.

Here in Oz we have a sumatripan product called Imigran FDT (short for fast disintegrating tablet) but I don't know if it's available elsewhere.

Now I've never used it for CH, and won't get the chance because I'm not going to have any more attacks, but I do use it for another matter with great effect.

Onset of relief can be as little as 15 minutes and they seem to last for fully 12 hours.

Given that there's been recent chat about considering Imitrex pills as a preventative for CH I just thought I'd pass this on.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 4:09am

Brian wrote, Here in Oz we have a sumatripan product called Imigran FDT (short for fast disintegrating tablet) but I don't know if it's available elsewhere.

Brian, Imigran is also available in the UK, NZ, and Europe, but it's known as Imitrex in the US.

Hoppy

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 4:30am

Thanks Hoppy, but I was referring to the FDT pills, the fast acting ones, and my off-line correspondence with other CHeads suggests this particular product isn't known elsewhere.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:02am

Brian wrote, Now I've never used it for CH, and won't get the chance because I'm not going to have any more attacks, but I do use it for another matter with great effect.

Yeah! This is a new one to me, and the leaflet states, only to be used for Migraine Headaches. So, I'm wondering if it's safe to take the Imigran FDT for CH's, like we do with regular Imigran.

Hoppy

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 6:12pm

I have never been offered fast acting ones.  The ones I have are certainly not very fast. I take one at bed time, because by the time it starts working - about an hour - I'm just about ready to be woken up by the beast. It does seem to hold it off for about 3 hours.  Otherwise useless.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!