Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello all! (Read 910 times)
musophil
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

West Midlands, (olde) England
Hello all!
Jul 8th, 2016 at 5:54am

I've already been given a warm welcome in response to a couple of posts I've made, so I thought I'd officially say hello.

Hello!

This is me, mid-remission on the left about a year or 2  ago, mid CH bout on the right not long after an attack a week or so ago...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I'm 40 years old, a musician (lead guitar mainly but I dabble in a few other instruments) with a degree in music technology, and have been off work with depression/anxiety since early December.

I live in the UK, in a little town called Stafford in the West Midlands, pretty much halfway in-between Birmingham and Manchester.

My first attack was around 1994 when I was about 19, but it was years before I knew what it was.  Looking back it was probably only about a KIP5 or 6 but I'd never known anything like it.  After that first attack I avoided Ribena for ages, thinking that must have been what had caused me the pain as it was the only thing I'd done differently that day from any other. 

I got my diagnosis confirmation from a neurologist around 2008-ish.

As you'll already know if you've read my earlier posts, I've been using Sumatriptan injections since then to abort attacks, and in this current bout I've started on Verapamil, which is definitely working to an extent but I still need to find my optimum dosage.

As of yesterday, I'm now starting to look into D3.

My house is quite small, and both myself and my lodger are smokers who smoke everywhere in the house, so I can't have O2 because one of us would almost certainly burn the house down.  I enjoy my house being one of the last bastions of indoor smoking too much to ban it, and also I don't want to give my lodger any reason to consider moving elsewhere, particularly as he's French and already worried about whether or not he will be able to afford to stay in the UK after Brexit.

I have an unbelievably supportive girlfriend whom I love very much.  We've been seeing each other for almost a year.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!  I hope to get to know you all better!

All the best,

Phil
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2016 at 6:02am by musophil »  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Hello all!
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2016 at 9:50pm

Thinking laterally, have you a garden shed that you could use for when you need to kill off a CH with oxygen?

If not, could you get one?

IP Logged

musophil
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

West Midlands, (olde) England
Re: Hello all!
Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2016 at 3:23am

Mike NZ wrote on Jul 8th, 2016 at 9:50pm:
Thinking laterally, have you a garden shed that you could use for when you need to kill off a CH with oxygen?

If not, could you get one?

Interesting idea!

I don't have one but I do have space for one.  I can't afford one at the moment but it's something I could save up for.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!