Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Toronto (Read 1978 times)
Jibran
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hello from Toronto
Jul 14th, 2016 at 2:03pm

Hi all,

I have been an episodic cluster head for the last 14 years....shook hands with the beast at 20 years of age and it has come back to haunt me every 2 years for 6 weeks......my cycle always starts in June except once where it started in autumn.......I am at the end of my cycle now and have been completely PF for the last 2 days with some very weak shadows here and there.....I have tried Zomig (2.5mg) and this year tried Almotriptan (very effective but side effects are a lot harsher)

This was also the first time I tried O2 and I am a believer!!!!! I started O2 in the middle of my cycle and was able to abort all attacks within 7-10 min using 15l/min (medigas.com) $48 for a 3500 litre tank....$24/month rental for 15l/min regulator and delivery is free of charge....they gave me 2 non-rebreather masks with 50 ft of tubing...very good company to deal with.next cycle I will be ordering the ch oxygen mask from this website.........Also I tried Batch's D3 regimen with all the co factors (middle of my cycle) and haven't gotten any kp10's since!!!! started with 50,000 Iu for the first 3 days and then tapered down to 15,000Iu I found out about this website back in 2006 and have been a stalker ever since...finally decided to become a member as I have gained so much insight about this condition we all suffer from.....Thankyou each and everyone of you who take time to post with suggestions and tips.....and once again thankyou Batch for making my 6 weeks of hell better than they've ever been!

IP Logged

Jibran
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Hello from Toronto
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 2:37pm

If you deal with medigas then please ensure you get the doctor to write on the prescription (high flow oxygen at 15l/min) as you will need to fax it to them and the oxygen will get delivered to your home within 24 hours.......if you don't have this stated on the prescription, you will end up with 10l/min.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 2:58pm

Hello Jibran,

Welcome to CH.com .

It's great that you got sorted with O2 and I would suggest that you get the Mask here as soon as possible. It's much more effective than the standard mask and you will have it to hand the next time the Beast comes knocking.

Having said that, now that you're on the D3 regimen, the Beast will have a hard time breaking through.

Keep taking the D3 with all the cofactors at the maintenance dose, forever more, not just when you are in cycle. You might just attain that Holy Grail we all seek.......a permanent pain free state.

Best regards,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 5:10pm

Hey Jibran,

Have you seen your PCP for a lab test of your 25(OH)D serum concentration?  If it's up around 80 ng/mL (200 nmol/L) you should be CH pain free.

The 3-month course of vitamin B 50 complex and a week to 10-day course of Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) can make a big difference between klingon CH hits and being CH pain free.

Staying on this regimen year-round makes the regularly scheduled episode a non-event.

I keep the latest updates to the anti-inflammatory regimen at the following link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care and please keep us posted,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Jibran
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 8:28am

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies; it's weird actually exchanging messages with you two as I've been reading your posts for the last decade or so...it's like finally having a conversation with your favourite authors!!! lol.....I have been taking Vitamin B50 religiously with this regime but still haven't tried adding Benadryl to this magical portion...I still have not gotten my lab test done (chances are I will get lazy as my cycle is over now)..is it recommended that I stay on this Vit D regime or can I just start a month before my next cycle begins? Last 3 days have been PF and no shadows at all yesterday Smiley I have a feeling the beast has finally gone into hiding for 2 years now and will be regrouping forces to wage war in June 2018.....Once again thanks a lot Peter and Batch for replying back and helping out so many of us....if I ever come face to face with the beast one day, I have a quote ready for the boogey man " I hope you realize how much you're hurting me one day" ......I will try to be more active on this forum from now on and pay it forward!

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 9:02am

Hi Jibran,
it is great to read that you have been pain free for the last 3 days, it could be the D3 regimen or that you're arriving at the end of a cycle.
Thanks to Batch's D3 regimen, I have now been pain free for the last 3 1/2 years.
I take the regimen all the time as it is not only great for CH but also for a string of other ailments, illnsses and diseases.
You could take a read here
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
to see all the benefits of high doses of D3.
All the best

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 9:15am

Hey Jibran,

Thanks for the kind words.

As Thierry says, stay on the D3 all the time. I have most of my family taking it for various health issues from Anaemia to Cancer to heart surgery or just good health.

Every one of them say that it has helped them with their illnesses and in lifting their mood.

Keep well and keep posting.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Jibran
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 9:34am

Thanks Thierry for chiming in!! another super star on this forum!! I got the 1000 iu drops this time around as it's a lot easier than popping pills....I will stay on the 10,000 iu / day regiment for as long as I can.....my doctor told me about this new triptan that came out this year called almotriptan.....I found it effective but made me extremely lethargic (almost like someone sucking life out of me) but it did prove to be more effective than zomig for me....I was thinking of trying out verapamil for my next cycle as a preventive but a little scared that it might prolong my cycle or turn me into a chronic....my last 7 cycles have always ended in exactly 6 weeks with 3-4 headaches / day.....the last 2 weeks of my cycle it drops down to 1-2 per day

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 9:47am

Hey Jibran, i wouldn't go as far as calling me a super star, just a normal bloke who got help here that turend my life around, i just like to return the favour and i hope i can continue doing it.
I have a stron suspicion that you'll not need verap or any other medicines if you stay on the regimen as per batch.
here is the D3 i get from iherb and sent to me in Ireland. It's 10000iu per softgel so 1 a day is good when not taking a loading dose
I get most of the regimen from iherb, it is way cheaper than rip-off ireland and postage is rarely over US$4.

Magnesium, 2 tablets/day

Calcium, 2 capules/day

zinc, 1 tablet/day

super k, 1 softgel/day

Vit A, 1/2 tablet/day

Boron, 1/day, or 1 spoon honey

Fish oil, 2 softgels/day

Hope that helps

All the best

IP Logged

Jibran
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Jul 15th, 2016 at 10:39am

Thanks a lot for this info Thierry! 10,000 iu in one capsule is even better! I'll definitely consider this site once I run out of out current inventory.......much appreciated!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!