Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Assistance - Can we help Peter Ketelslegers? (Read 22444 times)
Fish Head
Ex Member

Assistance - Can we help Peter Ketelslegers?
Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:03pm

Peter Ketelslegers

Quote:
Peter suffers cluster headaches, which have left him unable to work and look after his family. Ultimately, he feels, unable to live.

“It’s like a knife being stuck in my head,” he tells reporter Brett Mason. “It spreads through my whole head. I hit it to get rid of the pain.”

The intense headaches can last up to three hours, several times a day. He’s tried many different treatments, including drastic brain surgery last month, but nothing has worked.

“If there’s no other solution than just an injection, and gone… do I have to say it? Euthanasia,” he explains.

“I don’t want to be a burden to anyone… I should take care of the children rather than them taking care of me, but I can’t.”

Edit: A word of warning, this documentary contains confronting scenes that some viewers may find distressing:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Peter lives in Belgium.
I watched the Documentary.
I am unsure if O2 users can see it, but it looks like at 7 minutes into the Documentary, he is receiving in hospital only 7 lpm of O2. The bubbler connected I think would not allow enough flow to work, the non-rebreather is too small.
Also at his latitude, he is unlikely to see any D3 from sun and with a language barrier, he may not know of the D3 regimen success here on the site.

I am not in touch with social media or anything.
Can anybody look this guy up?
I don't think he speaks English.
Maybe they speak Dutch in Belgium, I don't know.
If Batch or anyone can actually see this documentary, I am sure Peter can be offered some help and save not only his life, but his family's grief as well. He has already lost his business and home to CH.

Can anyone assist him?

Fish.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:41am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Re: Assistance - Can we help Peter Ketelslegers?
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:17pm

The link is about a year old. 

Potter
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:20pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:20pm

Google translate picks up Peter's language as Dutch.

A news article from a few days ago shows he is still alive and still seeking answers.
Apologies for the translation of the news article, its what google spat out.

Quote:
Diepenbeek - After 27 operations in three years, Peter Ketelslegers see it no more rosy. "I do not feel right," the Deep Bekenaar sighed yesterday just before he went under the knife. This time not for the cluster headaches, but for a hernia. "The doctors are last week said the only thing I would really help in the long term, is moving to a better climate." That he told Het Laatste Nieuws.

Not that he can enjoy pain-free in a sunnier climate of life, "but it makes life bearable." Therefore, the family would leave for the south of France, and as quickly as possible. Only bottleneck; moving costs money. Boiler Army estimates that they still will need more than 5,000 euros to take all their belongings.

Friends Ketelslegers to lend a hand with this. Next week, they see how it can accurately, perhaps with a fundraiser. "When I heard of this plan, I immediately wanted to do their part," says a friend.

I don't know Peter and have no interest to declare, other than being a lifelong CHer who already benefits from the D3 regimen.

I hope someone can help him, I have no facebook and no language skills. Surely someone here can contact him.
Anyone here speak Dutch?
I sure hope so.
He may not need to move to France if he can get some D3 in a bottle!!!

Apologies for bombarding the site, but as a fellow CHer, I see a person in severe need and I know some people here can help.

F.

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:22pm

Oh, Hello Potter.
I remember you.
Yes, the news link may be old but I'm sure the man's pain is very real and very current.

Your avatar inspired my username, thanks for that Potter.
Can you help this man at all?

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:27pm

I did some searching and as of Aug. 6th he's still alive and kicking.

Potter

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:40pm

Indeed Potter.
The news article I quoted was from the 4th of august.

Meanwhile, back on topic...

I await the globe to spin a bit further so a few wiser heads than mine here, can arise and possibly have a look into getting the D3 regimen, in Dutch, sent to Peter for response.

I will be interested to hear what Batch says on it.

F.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:48pm

He's a member of a clusterheadache fb group I'm also a member of and is active.

Potter

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:53pm

Fish head,
thank you for trying to help a fellow CHer.
While I live on the west coast of Ireland, I am actually from North of France. I go there every now and then to visit my old Dad, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins. The area where I am originally from is a few minutes north of Lille, which is 10 minutes from Belgium. I intend going there to visit my family in the next few weeks.
If this man can be found, I am willing to go and visit him and tell him all that I have learnt from Batch about the D3 regimen. The D3 regimen is succesfully working for me, I have been 99.9% pain free for the last 3 1/2 years.
All the best
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:54pm by thierry »  

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:56pm

Excellent!

Now the only impedance should be the age old language barrier. That will be easily bridged when a speaker of Dutch, or as thierry kindly pointed out, a speaker of French may be able to assist.

edit; Sorry Thierry, we posted at the same time and I missed yours. I too have learned much from Batch on the D3 regimen, not quite a Jedi yet, but 4 years in and looking good. If Peter here does not know about this, it would be a travesty if he followed through, indeed.

F.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:00am by N/A »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #9 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:00am

Fish head There is the link

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It works for me in Ireland

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:06am

Thanks Thierry,

I managed to get post count up and edited to include it as the OP. Thanks again.

I just knew people here would come out to help.
If you can see that documentary, I need say no more.
We all know what it feels like, but it looks very harrowing for Peter's Wife and Children.
Hopefully something good comes out of this.

F.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:11am

haven't yet had time to watch the program.

Do we know where this man is in Belgium?
where he lives?

Who made the TV program? Production company? Producers/
? Journalists?

Who is the doctor that treats him? hospital?

If someone can help locate this man, I am willing to go and tell him what I know about O2 and D3.

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:47am by thierry »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:20am

Potter,

Fish head just told me through a private message that you saw that this man is in a facebook group.
I do not do facebook.
Do you think you might be able to get in touch with the man through facebook and find out where he lives. Maybe even tell him that someone is willing to go tell him about things that could help his CH.

All the best

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:22am

Aired on Australian Television Network "SBS" current affairs program DATELINE in late 2015.
Producers/writers: By Brett Mason, Calliste Weitenberg.

Perhaps for those able to view the documentary, more information will become clear.

I'm sure the Facebookers and those with social media aptitude will be able to locate Peter. I am not equipped to do so, that is why I post here on it.

F.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:26am

Hi Potter,
just saw your post above about fb.

Maybe it's possible for you to get in touch with this man in Belgium.

If you do get in touch with him, I would give you my phone number so that you could pass it on to him.

All the best
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:48am by thierry »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:39am

there are many people with his name on the Belgium phonebook.

Huh

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:23am

36 minutes in to the program is an interesting clue about where the man might live, i have tried to match the house number to addresses i can see on the belgium phonebook for someone with that name. unfortunately no match has come up yet.

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:28am

Ok, a few leads from the documentary itself.

When driving to a hospital, it is said to be "just outside Brussels". Not that this is particularly helpful.
I note that Peter's Wife, Conny Ketelslegers speaks very good English. Of course she could be a point of liaison for any contact. FB page: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I see when the Journalist is approaching Peter's farm, there is a sign outside that says "Diepenbeek" I assume it is a locality, it is next to a wind farm by the look of it.

Brett Mason at SBS spent 6 months filming the family.
For those who tweet, Brett mason my possibly be contacted here Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

I don't use twitter, or know how it works, so the link may not work. Apologies if it is broken.

I saw a shot of the front of Peter's accommodation.
It is perhaps an invasion of privacy for me to post this, but it did go to air on TV, under agreement with Peter I assume:

A few leads, aside from what Thierry and Potter have already looked into.

F.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:53am by N/A »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:40am

hi fish head,
it's not an invasion of privacy, it's on tv for everyone to see.
I may have a phone number for them. i will wait a bit before i ring it as it is early morning yet.

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 1:52am

Thanks Thierry.

Gee this really is moving very fast...
I hope Peter does not mind the attention.
I am mindful of the CHer's plight and states of mind and respect his right to privacy, but as you point out Thierry the broadcast will have been subject to release forms for permission(s) to broadcast.
I just hope that some assistance may come of this, if Peter has not yet heard of the D3 regimen.

I've done aerial recon on a shot of Peter's farm (I wish Batch was around...), but as the Documentary says, it has been taken by the bank and the photo of it on the wall of Peter's accommodation may be an indication that he is no longer there.

Excellent sleuth work Thierry.

I was certain geo-blocking would prevent others from viewing the documentary, but Thierry has confirmed that it plays, at least in his neck of the woods.

As a reasonable precaution, I added a warning to my first post with the link, as the material is confronting for most people, perhaps moreso for CHers and their supporters. I know at my lowest, I might have avoided watching this documentary. It is fairly confronting stuff. Those finding themselves in need should contact their local lifeline or counseling services if this documentary brings up any issue.

Thanks for all your help.
Maybe we can help Peter, I sure hope so, that film is heart wrenching stuff to watch.

Fish.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #20 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:12am

with what we can see on the documentary from 36:00 to 38:00, the belgium phone book, and google street view. i have found his house. i will ring the number on the belgium phone book. let's hope he's still there.
using my daughter's facebook, i see that one of peter's favourite tv programs is the one we're talking about and made you come on this site
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:27am by thierry »  

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #21 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:49am

I have rang the phone number i thought was his. no luck. that is not his number. can anyone contact him on facebook please

IP Logged

Fish Head
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 6:37am

I shall leave it then, as they say "In the lap of the Gods" with Facebook links above for others to make contact with.
Unfortunately in this case, social media is not my thing.
I hope Peter has never heard of the D3 regimen and has great success with it if someone can only get the message through to him. It is in good hands here with the regulars on the site I am sure.

I will check back in a few days and see if there are any developments.

Thanks Potter, AussieBrian, Thierry and anyone else working on this.

Thanks, for all the... Fish.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #23 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:50am

Hi all,

I am still searching for Peter and trying to locate him.
I have tried to find him or people who know him in his locality using the Belgium phone book and the info that we can get on him  from the video. I have phoned numerous people with his surname, but so far no success.
It would be a shame to let that be the stumbling block to finding and helping him.
We know from Potter that he is a member of a CH group on facebook. I do not do facebook so I cannot contact him through that media.
Could someone that has a facebook account contact him and direct him to this site.
He too deserves the help and support that we received when we came here and continue to receive.

All the best to all
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:51am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:30pm

I used the secret code and secret handshake that a bunch of folks round here talk about and contacted him in two minutes.  He's alive and coping.

Potter

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!