Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Timings of D3 regimen (Read 950 times)
Georgewhufc
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Timings of D3 regimen
Sep 8th, 2016 at 2:04pm

Hi guys

So I'm now 2 months into my first ever cluster.

I've stopped getting full blown attacks but my shadows are still causing me issues, with stronger shadows coming 9am and 9pm almost every day.

I've been on pred, verap and on 6th refill of o2. The pred did nothing, the verap helped bring the intensity down but not kill them off completely, but still suffering with the shadows, and o2 kills these for me.

I started the D3 regimen on Tuesday, I just wondered when is best to take each vit, i.e. do I take all at the same time, with dinner? Or certain ones on empty stomach?

You're experience and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
George

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: Timings of D3 regimen
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2016 at 2:22pm

George,

You've made a good decision to start the D3 Regimen. Stick to Batch's list of cofactors and dosages to the letter. They have been developed over a long time.

I take all my Vits together as I'm having my main meal of the day, which for me is at about 7:00 P.M.

It's not as important what time of the day you take them as it is the fact that you take them with a decent meal, which will help absorption.

If you take them on an empty stomach you will pass out more of the beneficial ingredients than you will absorb.

You should also get your blood tested now for your D Serum, 25(OH) D, level, to set a benchmark for your progress over the next 6 weeks. This is a simple blood test that your Family Doctor can arrange.

Your target for a pain free state is 80 ng/L or 200 nmol/L, depending on the scale used by the laboratory doing the test. The commonly used scale in the US is ng/L, for example, while here in Ireland it's nmol/L.

Best of luck with it.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!