Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My newest supporter (Read 2029 times)
DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
My newest supporter
Oct 19th, 2016 at 12:22pm

I'd like everyone to meet Ronan. He's so gentle when I break out the tank. Otherwise he's quite a handful.

Who else has a pet that helps them through the dark stuff?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: My newest supporter
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 3:11pm

Dennis,

That's lovely.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 4:04pm

Pets can make wonderful supporters.

Doppler is my cat and he is normally scared of just about anything from bags to vacuum cleaners and most stuff in between.

However if I'm in the middle of a CH or a really bad migraine he is fearless. He'll go find my human supporter making distress miaow sounds to bring her to me. He'll then not leave me until I'm right, often sitting next to me and purring as loud as he can to comfort me.

He loves to sleep on the corner of the bed near my feet.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2016 at 7:11pm

Dennis....awesome...two of my favorite things....an E-tank with a VERY familiar (and treasured) regulator... AND a good dog (I see the foot/dog connection...a whole story without a word being said).

And Mike...I like cats even more...what a great name and pic.... fuzzbutts got a bad rep...they just got attitude...don't mean they don't have compassion.....

No pets right now...but I will never forget my brother's dog...Holly...being scared whimpering under the porch by one of my 90 min Kip 8+ hits. When I was coming down she crept over to me....put her nose on my knee...and rolled her eyes up. No words needed...she was asking "you ok Jon?" I rubbed her head...told her 'yup, ok now Holly"...she trotted away with a smile on her face!

Same dog...a few years later...walked into the room where I was writing my Mom's obit (on her pc)
with tears running down my face...and put her chin on my foot...stayed there for 1 1/2 hrs. More soul in that creature than many of the folks I've met...

Best

jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 9:03am

Sounds like you have a good cat there Mike Smiley
-Dennis-

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2016 at 8:44pm

Animals have keen intuition humans don't sense as easily, and pets sincerely care, so it makes sense. Someone to be grateful for. Remember i'm a phone call and/or email away if you need anything Dennis. Good looking dog, how old?

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 1:29pm

He's just a pup still. 14 months old now. We picked him up last October. Ronan is an Apricot English Mastiff. 190lbs and still growing. He'll top out somewhere between 225lbs and 240lbs. But that won't be till he's 3-4 y/o.

-Dennis-

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2016 at 1:40pm

Years ago, I had a dog that was 1/2 German Sheppard and 1/2 Coyote.   Best dog I've ever known. When I first started getting CH in 87, I was not a head banger or a pacer yet.  I'd sit on my bed rocking and moaning.  She would wiggle her way through the door and lay on my feet.  She was  offering me her support and love the only way she knew how.

Several years later while I was at work...some bastard stole her, along with 6 other dogs in the neighborhood. The pain of losing her is why, to this day I will NEVER own another dog.  Or cat for that matter.

Linda
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2016 at 1:41pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!