Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hair follicles on fire! (Read 2772 times)
Guz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hair follicles on fire!
Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:42pm

Hi CH peeps, I'm new here but just wanted to know if any of you have had your hair follicles at the top of your head go on fire such as me when in cycle?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Re: Hair follicles on fire!
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:31pm

Hi Guz and welcome,
That's a new one to me Exclaim

Hoppy

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:43pm

Wow. I know exactly that feeling from hay fever (I hate black wattle!) and it certainly explains nicely some of what we get to enjoy during a really big hit.

Welcome home.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 3:33am

I suppose it could happen. We have nose running, teeth hurting, eye tearing...why not hair on fire to add to the fun.
Welcome to you, Guz.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

ericy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:45am

Hi Guz,

When I get bad ones I tend to get a very sensitive scalp to the point that I can not touch my head or hair without severe pain but as long as I do not let anything come in contact with my head (do not lay down, shower, etc.) it seems to  be okay and will go away after a few hours.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 2:18pm

Yup...post bad hits. I couldn't friggin believe even my hair hurt with this nightmare.

Actually was one of the few symptoms I could relate to "civilians" that got a little
bit of "wow it must be bad if even your hair hurts"...thinking they compared ch
to  a bad hangover...dunno..I stopped trying to "explain" years ago...

Best

Welcome aboard..

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 3:15am

Hey Guz, Ericy,

What you're experiencing is a little known but common symptom of CH called cutaneous allodynia...  Pain resulting from an innocuous stimulus to normal skin or scalp by a stimulus that is not normally painful, i.e., touching the skin on the hit side or hair on the top of the head...

Fortunately, I no longer have this problem... no hair left on top... a result of flying Navy fighter jets at the speed of heat above Mach 1 for prolonged periods...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

plus... I take the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 plus the cofactors...

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

MikeE
CH.com Junior

ky
Reply #7 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm

Hi welcome..my hair on cluster side definitely hurts..more like pins and needles than fire..good luck

IP Logged

Georgewhufc
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 5:55am

Hey Guz

During my first cluster Jul - Nov 16 I was experiencing what you mention here! Of course, not literally on fire, but even the softest touch of my hair/scalp on cluster side and back of my head was super painful.

With it being my first cluster and having crazy symptoms like this, I was scared as hell! This place helps massively and I too am taking Batch's anti-inflammatory plan... give it a go!
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2017 at 5:56am by Georgewhufc »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!