Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SCARED TO SLEEP!!! Help Please! (Read 2490 times)
Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
SCARED TO SLEEP!!! Help Please!
Jan 28th, 2017 at 12:38am

Long time member. Missing in action with 3+ years PF. The Beast made its return roughly 2 weeks ago. Until this week I had been able to keep
It at bay with O2 and ice. As of late tho I cannot.
Problem is that I cannot sleep at all. Not saying I can't fall asleep. But now if I doze/off I can't sleep 5 minutes without the beast coming right back. Suggestions? PLEASE HELP!!!
I just want to sleep. Can't keep going like this Angry

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: SCARED TO SLEEP!!! Help Please!
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 7:47am

Hey Pfunk,

Sorry the beast is back and jumping ugly...  We know what you're going through and the good news is it doesn't need to be that way.

When I was in your shoes, I used to take a 25 mg imitrex tablet 30 minutes prior to going to bed.  That usually bought me 3 to 4 hours uninterrupted sleep before the beast jumped ugly.  Push fluids.  Drinking 2.5 liters of water a day can make a big difference in the frequency of your CH.

Check your email InBox... I've sent you some info you'll need to discuss with your PCP or neurologist.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 1:05pm

Thanks Batch. I used the D3 a few years ago and it helped considerably. Haven't started back yet as I had been able to keep the beast at bay with O2 and ice until the last 4-5 days. But I will be starting back immediately. 
I have used the the imitrex right before sleep. And it worked one night. Now even that doesn't work. If I go to sleep, I will get nailed😩. Was just Hoping maybe someone had ideas that I haven't tried and may work.

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 1:26pm

Pfunk,

Again, if I were in your shoes and had vitamin D3, magnesium and the rest of the cofactors available, I'd start the 2-Week vitamin D3 loading schedule at 50,000 IU/day asap.  That's the fastest way I know to get some quality sleepl  Besides that, you've got some great looking youngins that need you rested and in tip top shape.

Take care,
V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 5:39pm

Pfunk,
Sorry to read you being attacked again. I remember your posts from years ago. I think all of us here have experienced what you are fearing...afraid to sleep as the beast may attack.

The anti-inflammatory vitamin regimen Batch describes has proven effective for many of us, suggest you definitely go with that to help you.

In addition, Melatonin was suggested to me and others years ago to help reduce the intensity of each attack in middle of sleep. Might consider trying it.

As for how much dosage, to each their own. Some can handle more than others without being too groggy the next day. I opt the lozenge style that melt under your tongue like a candy opposed to the tablets.

Try it, cheap price of $10 bucks for a bottle of 200 at Vitamin Shoppe. 3 mg each, I usually take 5 of them, equals 15 mg nightly. All natural.

Hang Tough! Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 5:30pm

Pfunk --  A few of us here have found substantial relief from CH via treatment for Sleep Apnea.  For someone with primarily nighttime hits it is worth looking into with your doc.  Though the links are not well-established in science, it does make some sense.  Sleep Apnea lowers blood oxygen levels (significantly in some cases) and we all know that O2 is our most effective abortive.  In my own case after several years of chronic CH (perhaps 95% nighttime hits) that was resistant to most standard treatments, I am pleased to report that I have been CH free since being put on a CPAP machine in June of 2015 by my very heads-up Neurologist.  It has been a life-changing experience for me.  PM me if you have any questions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!