Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm back with a diagnosis 😏 (Read 2094 times)
KayleyKat
CH.com Junior

On my way to a diagnosis....I
hope!

Jackson, MS
I'm back with a diagnosis 😏
Mar 8th, 2017 at 12:00pm

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, couldn't recall my login info for nothing. Lol.

Went to a neuro on October 31st last year and got my official diagnosis, episodic cluster headache. He prescribed 240mg verampermil and prescribed 12L HFR oxygen. And as luck would have it I had my last (and worse) attack of my cycle that night.  I also found out (from my neuro) that I suffer from migraines. I get the occasional throbbing pain to where I can't walk but for the most part I have "ocular" (or silent) migraines. I get the auras but no headaches. Want back for my follow up visit (out of cycle) an he prescribed the sumatriptan pills. It is normal for you to only get 10 pills for a 30 day period? He wanted to try the pills before the injection. I'm suppose to start my verampermil in the middle of April for my cycle in may and June. Still a little Leary on that since my BP is a good 105/75. And aren't we suppose to get some kind of ekg for some of this medicine?

Any helpful tips on the sumatriptan pils? Can they be halved? Trying to get all my ducks in a row before the next cycle hits

KayleyKat
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2017 at 12:00pm by KayleyKat »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: I'm back with a diagnosis 😏
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2017 at 2:04pm

Hey KayleeKat,

Welcome back... Good on you for being proactive and ahead of the game getting prepared for your next CH cycle.  Good questions too.

It's normal for neurologist to prescribe 9 SC Imitrex injections a month.. but that is actually a medical insurance limit...  Nine Imitrex tablets is new to me... I used to get an Rx for 27 to 30 50 mg Imitrex tablets a month from my ophthalmologist...  He was the doctor who Dx'd my cluster headache.

What size are your Imitrex (sumatriptan succinate) tablets...  25 mg or 50 mg?  If they're 50 mg, I've used a pill splitter to cut them in half.

I've sent you some additional info by email.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:55am

Hi KayleyKat,

Thanks to Batch's Anti-inflammatory Vitamin D Regimen, the few attacks which manage to break through I can treat with Imitrex tablets. My insurance limits me to nine 100 mg. tablets/month. Generic versions are available. So I stock up in the "off season". The tablets usually take about 30-40 minutes to start working for me, which is tolerable now. Prior to the Vitamin D treatment, only the injections would work. In fact, I now split my 100mg. tabs into 50's, since I found that 50 mg will suffice. I hope the verapamil will work for you. If you can't handle the side effects, definitely try the anti-inflammatory treatment. It has helped me tremendously.
~Patti

IP Logged

KayleyKat
CH.com Junior

On my way to a diagnosis....I
hope!

Jackson, MS
Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 11:42am

I called the pharmacy to find out what my script was for the imitrex pills. He prescribed me 10-25mg pills for 30 days. I don't think this is going to work. How is 10 pills suppose to last when I get hit several times throughout the day every day for 4 weeks straight? Still trying to find someone to fill my O2 script.

Kayley

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 8:36pm

Kayley,

I know what you're going through and sorry you're having issues obtaining Imitrex and oxygen.  The good news is the anti-inflammatory regimen really works to prevent CH and it's a lot less expensive than the copay for Imitrex and Oxygen. 

Over 600 CHers have started this regimen since December of 2010.  Better than 80% of them have experienced a significant reduction in the frequency, severity and duration of their CH in the first 30 days of use. 54% have experienced a lasting CH pain free response.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!