Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 concentrator avalible in DFW area (Read 3036 times)
Butthurt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ft Worth
O2 concentrator avalible in DFW area
Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:28pm

Anyone in the DFW area who suffers I have a concentrator that go up to 12LPM.  I am 69 and  have not used it for over 3 years.  I appear to be cluster free so if you want the concentrator let me know.  Would prefer it go to someone who has been unable to get O2.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2017 at 7:30pm by Butthurt »  

IP Logged

Butthurt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ft Worth
Re: O2 concentrator avalible in DFW area
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 3:59pm

I can't believe there is no one in Dallas Ft Worth area that needs access to O2.  Shocked

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 4:02pm

12LPM is not enough to abort a CH.

An absolute minimum flow rate of 15LPM is required. I suspect this is why you have had no responses.

Regards,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Butthurt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ft Worth
Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2017 at 3:10pm

Well, suffered for 35 years and 10-12 LPM always worked for me.  Sorry if others are under the same opinion as yourself. Guess I'll just give to an home for the aged or someone else that can use and appreciate it.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2017 at 3:11pm by Butthurt »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2017 at 4:18pm

Just putting forward a possible theory as to why you got no interest.

That doesn't mean I dont think your offer is generous and thoughtful.......I do.

I would gladly take it myself and pay the postage, as I have COPD, but I reckon the voltage is 110/120 (US standard) where it's 220 here in Ireland.

Best regards,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2017 at 5:42pm

Peter510 wrote on May 2nd, 2017 at 4:18pm:
I reckon the voltage is 110/120 (US standard) where it's 220 here in Ireland.

A lot of electronic equipment will work off both voltages as no doubt it is easier to make one design you can use worldwide rather than multiple. So it is possible that the only difference you'll see is what the plug design is.

If it can work on 220v then this should show up on the manual and / or on the power supply.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2017 at 5:57pm

You are lucky that the concentrator works for you. they work for very few ClusterHeads. They do not put out 100% O2 like tanks. Take a look at the link below and scroll down to concentrators.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Peter is speaking from fact.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2017 at 7:47pm

Hi Butthurt, I would think twice before finding a new home for your concentrator, as the  Smiley is known to go into remission for years and then out of the blue he raises his ugly head.

Hoppy

IP Logged

Butthurt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ft Worth
Reply #8 - May 7th, 2017 at 11:41pm

OK I'm out.  By the way you folks talk like this is new science, when I was on this forum 10-15 years ago the same topics were being discussed.  Unfortunately not much has changed. Concentrator only putting out 88-98% o2(depending on size and make of the machine) is not new but still works for some folks.  Back then it was seizure drugs that were the hot topic, red pepper, water, imitrex etc. 

My neurologist told me in my late 50's that I had a better than average chance that these guys would go away in my 60's. Hardening of the arteries is a wonderful thing. Last mild one was at 66 and I'm going on 71.  The last years I had them they were easy to manage and I'm saying they are gone.  Having the concentrator around only brings back terrible memories. Thought I could help someone but that seems to be wishful thinking.  So I'll check out and leave it to you folks.  Good luck

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #9 - May 11th, 2017 at 10:42am

Hey  Butthurt, I'm with ya, my brother-one-law, a chronic sufferer, has been using one for years now with good success to get through the night. He sleeps with the unit running and it seems to work as a preventative. Sean

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!