Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
29 yrs and again a Doctor battle. (Read 1616 times)
Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
29 yrs and again a Doctor battle.
Apr 5th, 2017 at 10:44pm

After having a very wonderful Neuro for 18 yrs. I now have one that only gives appts once a year. I'm used to being seen every 2 weeks, in bad times. The new Doc seemed quite dedicated in private practice. He is now at the local Univ. Hosp and things have changed.

I think he resents that I go to Cluster Headache conferences and conventions to know all I can about CH and treatments. He was a recommended CH Doc on the "OUCH" Doc list. (site closed)

This Doc seems more concerned with my health than my life. What good is health while I'm robbed of my life, in pain, little sleep to the point of mental impairment?

He cut my injection Rx in half. I've been averaging 8-10 wake up hits with a couple more daytime. Too bad I can't cut those in half.

Forgive my vent, I know you understand.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Re: 29 yrs and again a Doctor battle.
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 11:25am

Vent away , Don. We all understand your frustration.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 10:22pm

Thanks Bob. One big differnce between these two Neuro's is the compassionate one lost a patient to CH. The guy opted for a 'nerve ablation' that killed the whole side of his face, eye lid and mouth.

Soon after this his CH switched sides. He didn't survive the cycle..

Guess I'm lucky when I think of cases like that. Blessings to all of you.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 9:07am

You might give some thought to a Sleep Study since you are getting hit so hard at night.  A few of us here have found substantial relief after being treated for Sleep Apnea.  In my own case I am 100% free now for two years after being put on a CPAP machine.  Sleep Apnea can dramatically lower blood Oxygen levels and we all know of the link between Oxygen and CH.  Best of luck to you.  PM if you have any questions.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:51pm

My sleep study showed no Apnea. But thanks, it is a noted problem worth repeating. A lot of us have it..

After re-reading my posts, it reminded me how many times I've read other posts like it. As we age and things begin to break and go wrong we may lose that Rx for Imitrex or others because we now have Heart conditions. Or like me PAD, artery disease.

Like all of you, I will take what the Doc gives me, and make it work.

Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!