Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
more than 1 year PF thanks to Vit D3 and Batch (Read 2575 times)
MDB
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

more than 1 year PF thanks to Vit D3 and Batch
Jun 5th, 2017 at 2:32pm

Hello, i hope you can remember me.
I started taking vitamin d3 in february 2016.. since then.. i can clearly see.. that are a very and direct relationship between vit d3 serum.. and "pain".
Since february 2016.. only have very small attacks that i call "shadows" when i am ill ( infection.. etc ) in this moment.. i go up the UI of the vitamin ( go from 8.000 to 10.000 ).. and shadows dissapear..

I have high levels of many minerals in blood.. and i asked my doctor about full regime.. my doctor told me.. that would better to start only with .. 8.000 ui vit d3, 1g vit C, and omega 3.... only with this.. i am pain free.. i know.. folow the full regime is the best way.. but i can do it.

First of all i want to give thanks again to mister Batch.. the guy who has alowed me to form my new company.. because.. before the vitamin d3.. was impossible for me to work more than 4-5 hours a day.. and most important.. the guy who gave me back my live... thanks.. never will be enough thanks.

Only i have 2 question..
1- my general doctor is not introduced in vitamins...  i have high level of calcium... i only take Vit d3, vit C, and omega 3 .. shoul i take vitamin k to help the calcium absorb... ? i have too much calcium in blood.
2- I was cronic.. i have no rested in one year.. my serum today is 56 ng/ml .. may i rest some weeks of taking vitamins ?

Thanks.. again

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: more than 1 year PF thanks to Vit D3 and Batch
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:08pm

Hello, welcome back.

Yes, take 200 mcg per day of K2 MK7.

Most Clusterheads keep their 25(OH) D levels at 80 ng/ml, so I don't see any reason to stop taking the full Regimen.

The link below is the most recent publication.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Keep in touch.

Peter.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:11pm by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

MDB
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 11:32am

CALCIUM 10,4 mg/dl 8.5 - 10.5

POTASIUM 5,09 mEq/l 3.5 - 5.5

PARATHORMONA INTACTA 33,0 pg/ml 14,0 - 63,0

VITAMINA D( 25- HIDROXI ) 68,60 ng/ml

Last results.. from monday ..
today didnt take vitd3 ( only omeg3 and vitC )

im thinking about resting some weeks.. my calcium is too high... and help that with k2 mk7 ..
im still pain free...
thanks everybody.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 2:41am

Hi MDB,

this is the Vit k that Batch takes himself and recomends

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It has the right amounts of K's.

The Vit K stops the calcium depositing in the arteries and directs it towards the bones. It is an important part of the regimen and should not be overlooked.

All the best
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2017 at 2:44am by thierry »  

IP Logged

MDB
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 5:05pm

Yeah terry.. now i know why.. was my pcp the one who told me not to take all the co-factors..
Now i know that everybody that take vit D3 MUST TAKE vit K ..
I was 10,4  calcium 1 month ago

in few days i will check my blood serum again
Thanks !

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 9:57pm

Hey MDB,

Your labs look fine although your 25(OH)D serum concentration may be a little low based on your "shadows".  As long as your serum calcium stays at or below 10.5 mg/dL, you're not taking too much vitamin D3.

I've been collecting lab data from CHers taking this regimen since January 2011 and the online survey of 215 CHers since December of 2011.  The 25(OH)D sweet spot for a favorable response to this regimen is 80 ±10 ng/mL and the favorable response range is 60 to 110 ng/mL. 

There is a difference in the mean 25(OH)D serum concentrations between ECHers and CCHers who experience a favorable response.  Data from the online survey of CHers taking the anti-inflammatory regimen and experiencing a favorable response indicate ECHers have a mean 25(OH)D serum concentration of 75 ng/mL and CCHers a mean 25(OH)D serum concentration of of 100 ng/mL.

I'm a CCHer and maintain an average 25(OH)D serum concentration around 130 ng/mL with a corresponding total calcium serum concentration of 9.9 mg/dL and PTH around 23 pg/mL as of my last annual physical in April of this year.  My 25(OH)D has been as high as 190 ng/mL but my serum calcium has always remained well within its normal reference range at a mean of 10.1 mg/dL.

What most doctors don't understand is serum 25(OH)D is a very poor indicator of vitamin D3 intoxication/toxicity.  The most accurate biomarkers use to indicate vitamin D3 intoxication/toxicity are serum total calcium > 10.5 mg/dL and serum PTH (parathyroid hormone) at or near the low end of its normal reference range (17 to 70 pg/mL)...  i.e., in the teens...

Regarding taking time off from this regimen.  As the 25(OH)D serum half-life is two months, and you're still experiencing shadows, i.e., a CH... stopping this regimen will cause your serum concentration of 25(OH)D to drop below the therapeutic level and this will open the door for the CH beast to start jumping ugly within a week to 10 days. 

In short... I wouldn't stop taking my maintenance dose of vitamin D3 unless I wanted see how long my 25(OH)D reserves would last before the CH beast starts jumping ugly...

I also suggest you read the latest study on vitamin D3 dosing titled:  Evaluation of vitamin D3 intakes up to 15,000 international units/day and serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations up to 300 nmol/L on calcium metabolism in a community setting at the following link: 

If your PCP or neurologist is getting hyper... take him or her a copy of the above study.

Hope this helps.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2017 at 11:41am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!