Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CH Conspiracy Theory (Read 3771 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
CH Conspiracy Theory
Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:47pm

Totally off the wall but thought I would throw this out there just for the laugh, the thought, the possibility...

Last night I watched The Bourne Legacy, which is the 4th of 5 Jason Bourne movies. If you like James Bond type action movies, do yourself a favor and sit down for a couple hours and enjoy!

Well here's my thought after watching all 4 movies so far and tonight will watch Jason Bourne, the 5th of 5 movies in this series...

Every single secret agent including Jason Bourne, in all of these movies underwent a mind altering drug program prior to them becoming top secret agents. They were given injections at first and then pills to take on a regular basis, and these pills altered behavioral modification.

In these Bourne movies, all of these agents experienced debilitating headaches as a side effect. It did not go into detail as to what type of headache or where the pain was in the head etc, etc...but it made me think of CH's...

Wondering if we were somehow exposed to some kind of medication or food or something in the air or somehow ingested into our bodies some foreign substance that causes CH's.

Now I realize this is completely far fetched and extremely unlikely, but it did make me think twice or three times after watching these movies.

So you now have read Gregg's conspiracy theory, all in good humor, and with strong recommendations for great movies to enjoy.

Pain Free Wishes to ClusterVille Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:50pm by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: CH Conspiracy Theory
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:58pm

Hey Gregg,

You could have stumbled on something there......maybe it's alcohol !!!!!!!!

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 2:38am

LasVegas wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:47pm:
Wondering if we were somehow exposed to some kind of medication or food or something in the air or somehow ingested into our bodies some foreign substance that causes CH's.

Now I realize this is completely far fetched and extremely unlikely, but it did make me think twice or three times after watching these movies.

If it were that simple, then instead of CH being relatively uncommon, it'd be a lot more common and you'd see huge clusters of people with CH in a geographic area where the causative agent was found.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 3:40am

Oops lads....I just meant it in a light hearted way.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 3:42am

Interesting thought Gregg...who's to say what causes a "wonky" hypothalamus?

Myself...been dealing with cancer.....and....from 12-20 yrs of age I worked in the agriculture business...lotsa exposure to pesticides/herbicides...BESIDES the time a neighbor poisoned me with  a DDT fog (or WHATEVER)....8 yrs old...resulting in  a ch type "headache"....which I never told no one.

No one is ever going to convince me it wasn't cumulatively the cause of my Lymphoma! Unfortunately... now have a lot of experience with oncology Docs. They say a new patient has 2 questions; 1) how long I got...and 2) what CAUSED this?. They HATE both questions...the how long is based on statistics...you may be on the high...or low end of that...no one knows. Cause?...damn... NO ONE KNOWS that either...and really...what does it matter...not a damn thing you can do now!

Myself?....WELL... questions like these...more important than folks realize...there aint no answer until the question is asked.....

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 3:58am

I noticed quite early in this nightmare that it was always worse in election years.

Even more worser when Labor got in.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:59pm

Strange but true. The Neuro that diagnosed me 29 yrs ago, asked me if I had any UFO or Alien encounters. I laughed. He was serious. Other Clusterheads had reported such things.

If it was a UFO, I hope they come back and fix me.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:55pm

Peter510 wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 3:40am:
Oops lads....I just meant it in a light hearted way.

Peter.

...no worries mate...I was amused...

...'tis an old saying about folks who: "can't take a joke"...it starts with  "F 'em if they".....

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 10:14pm

Skyhawk5 wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:59pm:
Strange but true. The Neuro that diagnosed me 29 yrs ago, asked me if I had any UFO or Alien encounters. I laughed. He was serious. Other Clusterheads had reported such things.

If it was a UFO, I hope they come back and fix me.

Don

Dang Don...I'm jealous...7 or 8 neuros and never met one like that! Closest was the one who upon examining me asked permission to bring in a student intern because I was "such an odd case".
It was hilarious...and I readily agreed.......................

Best

Jon

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 4:56pm

Aussie Brian wrote, I noticed quite early in this nightmare that it was always worse in election years.

Even more worser when Labor got in.

That's enough to give anyone a headache  Roll Eyes

Hoppy

IP Logged

rockfish
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new orleans
Reply #10 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 1:46pm

LasVegas wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 6:47pm:
Wondering if we were somehow exposed to some kind of medication or food or something in the air or somehow ingested into our bodies some foreign substance that causes CH's...
-Gregg in Las Vegas

Gregg, i have often wondered over the past 25+ years "why me"....and have explored so many theories as to what makes my brain/body different/defective.  One thought i've had is related to heavy metal poisoning and specifically lead.  The reason i wonder about lead poisoning is because i power-sanded and painted numerous houses during high school in the late '70s, and I no-doubt inhaled lots of lead based paint dust in the process.  Could it be?...Just a thought

IP Logged

Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:31pm

Thanks, LasVegas.  Now this thread is right up my alley.  I do love a good conspiracy theory (especially aliens)!  I've seen the Bourne movies like 100 times each.  Love them!

My thoughts are that we need to contact the show Ancient Aliens (the History Channel) and have them do an investigation.  Maybe we could even get Giorgio Tsoukalos to interview a couple of us CHers and give us his theory on who, what, where, when, how and why. 

Maybe the headaches are some sort of communication from an alien species that we just can't receive at the moment.  Once the aliens tweak their signal the CHers of the world will be able to come out of the "shadows" and speak for our new ET friends.  (hehehe, sorry, a little CH humor there  Grin)

I have a head full of other theories and suppositions, but I'll save them for later as more evidence presents itself.  Remember...the Truth is Out There! 

Oh My, you guys got me off on a wild tangent! (Lord, help me, I'm gonna get kicked outta CH.com for my crazy ideas and wacky sense of humor.) Thanks for the laughs today, folks!  Hope everyone is having wonderful and PF day!

Payg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!