Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can I have my beer yet?? (Read 2413 times)
jkitchen
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Can I have my beer yet??
Jun 27th, 2017 at 1:38pm

So after nearly 4 weeks of my 7th cycle since they began in 1982 I have that "FEELING" they are done now and I have around 7 years of peace. So my question is SHOULD I GO TO THE BAR YET??????? lol. Ya'll can relate that the first thing to do is celebrate, right?????

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Can I have my beer yet??
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 5:32pm

Ahh, beer o'clock. This surely must be the cruelest part of our dread disease!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:11pm

Only ONE way to find out..........clusterheads are usually pretty good at reading their bodies (cycles). I used to wait at least one week...two was betta! Start slow brother....sip ONE...at HOME...the bar is more funner...but tends to negatively reduce ones' "cautious adventurism "...

BTW....Heineken is my "drug" of choice............

Best

Jon
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:12pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:28pm

I'd be tempted to try a beer at home first, with your abortive (O2 or imitrex or similar) to hand in case it isn't quite over yet.

Then feel free to enjoy a beer or three to celebrate the end of a cycle and to hope that the next one is many, many years away.

IP Logged

ronan76
CH.com Junior

Episodes cant be spaced
out enough !

x0|Dublin|Ireland||0|0|
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 6:44am

Mike NZ wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:28pm:
I'd be tempted to try a beer at home first, with your abortive (O2 or imitrex or similar) to hand in case it isn't quite over yet.

Hi there, I thought my episode was ending but got a mild ones 3/10 this morning. I had gone 52 hours clear after getting 4 a day at peak last weekend.

Have you experienced similar ? i.e. you think its gone but its not quite finished up ?

thank you I think i'm just panicking a bit..

IP Logged

ronan76
CH.com Junior

Episodes cant be spaced
out enough !

x0|Dublin|Ireland||0|0|
Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 6:47am

jkitchen wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
I have around 7 years of peace. So my question is SHOULD I GO TO THE BAR YET??????? lol. Ya'll can relate that the first thing to do is celebrate, right?????

Hi, I was reading your post and its interesting you mention 7 years. I'm coming to the end of mine (I think and hope) - I had 7 years between my first and second and 9.5 years between my last and this one...

Have you any insight or reasoning as to why yours come every 7 years ?? sounds similar to my episodic cycle

thank you fellow sufferer !!!

IP Logged

gaulstone
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 10:52pm

After my last cycle of going a month without alcohol -  I took a sip of whiskey and then waited 20 minutes. Took another sip and then waited 20 minutes. Then drank the whole glass in one shot and prayed. A sip is all it takes for me to rocket to a #10 during a cycle so I knew I was good to go.

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2017 at 10:53pm by gaulstone »  

IP Logged

jkitchen
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 1:36pm

Yes Ronan76 I thought they were over and now I get mild ones. Like half strength Kip 5. But I'm so tired of them its been a month and a half, way longer than norm for me. and im tired of my buddies sitting at the bar without me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!