Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Follow Up Appt (Read 1078 times)
Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Follow Up Appt
Jul 12th, 2017 at 2:05pm

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give an update.  I had my follow-up appt with my Neuro on Monday and it was great!  Prior to my appt, I provided her with my blood work results and my CH spreadsheet where I list specifics about each headache and any changes I make to lifestyle, medications, etc.  She said it was one the most helpful things to get from a patient as it helps her to better determine if a different course of action is needed.

Also, I provided her with a copy of the D3 regimen and a printout of the "123 Days" thread.  (Thanks Batch!)  To be honest, I was a bit nervous about doing this as I didn't want to offend, but she was VERY receptive.  How Nice!  I also recommended that she go on the CH website and read all the forum info--and if she wanted to join that would be great!  I told her that I don't have a platform to get the message out about D3, but she does.  And maybe it could help someone else, too.

Since my CH has slowed to about 1-2 per month and are VERY mild, the plan of action is to continue with what I've been doing for my MS and CH.  Exercising 2x/week, Verapamil 120 mg 3xday, O2 at high flow with NRB mask as needed, D3 (7000 IU/day), Magnesium (500 mg/day), B12 (1000 mg/day).  We will adjust as needed based on any issues that arise. No meds for my MS at this time as my only issues have been fatigue that comes and goes.  Next followup in Jan 2018, next blood work in Jan 2018, next MRI in March 2018.  She was very pleased that my last MRI showed no new lesions in the brain and none on the cervical spine...and she said I looked great (and actually I was having a good hair day so her comment was valid Smiley).

A big thanks to you guys for all your help and advice.  I made sure to give you props when I was discussing this forum with my Neuro.   So...to quote another thread on here..."that's my good news for the day".

PF wishes to all,
Payg

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Follow Up Appt
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 10:26am

Payg,

Great news!  Thank you for sharing it with us...  I like your neurologist...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Follow Up Appt
Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:45pm

Really great news and it looks like you've a great neuro too.

If only all neuros were like this then it would save a lot of people a whole lot of pain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!