Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anybody long term with d3 and anxiety ? (Read 1861 times)
MDB
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Anybody long term with d3 and anxiety ?
Aug 15th, 2017 at 8:16am

Hello, i am PF 16-17 months, i am in d3 regime with mantenaince dose ( 8000 ui/day//k2//omega fish .. 5-6 months ago i began to fell some anxiety and "phobia" .. anyone here taking d3 more than 1 year fell the same ?

Some told me D3 excess can cause serotonine excess and cause anxiety...

Thanks in advance !!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Anybody long term with d3 and anxiety ?
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 3:32pm

Well over 5 years here and no anxiety.

Have you had the blood test to see what your levels are? How much D3 are you taking? Are you taking all of the co-factors?

IP Logged

MDB
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 4:23pm

my last serum vas 67 ng/ml calcium and pth normal

Im not taking all the co-factors.. my doctor told me my calcium magnesium .. and other levels was too high

I only take 8000 ui d3 200mg K2-mk7 and omega fish oil.. with 1g of vit C

Thanks for reply Mike

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:12am

Two years for me and no anxiety. Bloods are all good.

I take 10,000 per day with all the cofactors.

Are you taking a prescribed sleeping pill at night? If so, what brand and dosage?

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 5:24am

Hey MDB,

It's great to hear you've been CH pain free for 16 to 17 months...  Good on you.
Regarding anxiety due to high vitamin D3 intake... That's a new one on me... and my serum 25(OH)D is well over 100 ng/mL... I've never felt better and I sleep like a baby.

Anxiety associated with CH is usually one of the first things to go away after you get your CH under control taking the anti-inflammatory regimen...  I suspect you've another issue.

For starters, I'm a little confused... You say your calcium and PTH are normal, yet your doctor says your calcium and magnesium are too high...

What were the actual results for your calcium, PTH and magnesium labs ?

Your total calcium should be withing the normal reference range of 8.5 to 10.5 mg/dL.

If you're not taking any magnesium, it's likely you have a calcium-magnesium imbalance with not enough magnesium... That can lead to several different problems. Hand, finger, foot, toe and leg cramps are common with insufficient magnesium while taking 8,000 to 10,000 IU/day of vitamin D3.

If you're not taking the mature multi, you're also missing zinc, boron and vitamin A (retinol) and the vitamin B complex...

The bottom line is the anti-inflammatory regimen illustrated in the following photo that I take, is a balanced formulation that works best to prevent your CH and provide good health if all the suggested conutrients (Omega-3 fish oil, magnesium, zinc, boron, vitamin K2, vitamin A and vitamin B complex) are taken.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you take the supplements illustrated by brand in this photo, you'll be getting what is shown in the following table:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I didn't make this vitamin D3 regimen up out of thin air.  I consulted with some of the greatest minds in vitamin D3 therapy and neurology then took their suggestions. See the following links for more info on vitamin D3 cofactors:

I added vitamin B 100 complex at the suggestion of a Dr. Stasha Gomenak, a neurologist who's been treating her headache patients successfully with a nearly identical vitamin D3 regimen for nearly 10 years.  She considers the vitamin B complex essential when treating headache patients.

I also included calcium based on several vitamin D3 studies, but kept the dose low for CHers taking verapamil.

The anti-inflammatory regimen treatment protocol at the following link explains each of the cofactors/conutrients in detail.

Although not a cofactor, you may want to consider taking a good probiotic.  The rationale here is a probiotic helps colonize the GI tract with friendly colonies of bacteria and biota that just might help in vitamin D3 and cofactor absorption as well as improve your immune system.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2017 at 6:05am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!