Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen ASAP (Read 1185 times)
Hbombfojesus
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Oxygen ASAP
Jan 4th, 2018 at 12:59pm

Does anyone have any tips on getting oxygen quickly?  My CH season started last night and as usual I'm having a lot of difficulty getting into the neurologist and/or my doctor in any kind of timely manner to get an Oxygen prescription.  I really dont want to use sumatriptan when I know oxygen works but it takes forever to get it set up. Help?? I would do anything to not have to go through this every year when it's hard enough to handle that this is going to be a month from hell. Thanks for any suggestions  Smiley

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Re: Oxygen ASAP
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 1:39pm

Hi Hbomb...and welcome...that's quite a handle!

Here's how I avoided similar situation...

1) Get enough tanks on first script to overlap end of last cycle and start of new.....my cycles were so consistent I knew when those would be....YMMV but sounds like you do have a consistent cycle...

2) Get a new doc...took me 8 PCP's and one neuro to find my best advocate. Floated out of the office when she said: "when you go in cycle...if you need to see me CALL...my staff is advised to get CH patients in immediately....we understand this LIFE CHANGING condition!"

3) whatever kind of doc you have...there is NO reason...repeat NO reason a reasonably intelligent provider...who is any way familiar with CH  would NOT take a call to CALL IN a script for you. Sheesh, I do it all the time for a series of meds and it was NEVER a problem for O2.

4) consider welding O2....big tanks...easy to get...relatively cheap...same quality as medical. I never went that route so hoping others will be along to give better detail and advice

Will think some more on this...

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Oxygen ASAP
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 2:18pm

Hi Hbomb and welcome

Where are you in the world? Getting oxygen seems to vary between countries and sometimes within a country.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!