Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen in Cartagena, Colombia (Read 1037 times)
CHMatt
CH.com Junior

Chicago
Oxygen in Cartagena, Colombia
Feb 18th, 2018 at 2:11pm

I'll be travelling to Cartagena, Colombia with my daughter on her spring break in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone knows details on getting oxygen in Colombia.  Do I need a prescription from a local doctor, or will a note from my doctor suffice?   Do they use the same fittings as in the USA (i.e., can I bring my regulator and demand valve and hope for them to fit)?   Do they refer to it as an "E tank"?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2018 at 12:59pm by CHMatt »  

IP Logged

CHMatt
CH.com Junior

Chicago
Re: Oxygen in Cartagena, Colombia
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:05pm

Just an update for anyone else who may be travelling there - Yes, they do refer to them as E tanks and the do have the same CGA-870 connectors.   However, tanks are difficult to locate, as most suppliers only have oxygen generators/concentrators.   If anyone goes to Colombia send me an IM and I can give you contact information for who I finally found who could provide tanks.

Lastly, I stayed at Casa Don Sancho "hotel" (more of a bed and breakfast), and they were FANTASTIC for helping me with the oxygen situation.  They went and picked up the tanks on a Saturday for me so I'd have them upon my arrival, fronted me the money for the downpayment to the supplier, and dropped them off again.  They went way above and beyond what I would have expected a hotel to do!  I was very impressed!  Overall it's a fantastic place to stay!

Matt

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!