Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Change in cycle/High D levels (Read 2478 times)
fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Change in cycle/High D levels
Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:25pm

Hi All,

Had 2yrs PF end on 12/25, and it was a mild 3 week cycle.  About 2 weeks after it ended, another cycle started and is still going on.  In 20 years, I can't remember this happening.  The only changes for me were that I used Imatrex twice this time, and I didn't bust with shrooms(which I've been doing for 10+ years).  Also right after the first cycle ended, I lost my Dad.  I'm not sure of grief has any bearing on CHs.

Also, I take Batch's D3 regime, but my last Vitamin D3 25-OH test came back at 184.5 ng/mL. I'm not sure if I should continue with the regime.   Can't get into see the Nureo for a few weeks, and I'd appreciate any advice.   Thanks

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Change in cycle/High D levels
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 1:45pm

Are you following all the steps in the D3 approach - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

One thing about CH is that it has a habit of changing either between cycles or even during cycles.

IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 1:50pm

I wasn't taking the K2.  But I'm a little worried to take the regime right now with my D levels so high.

Thanks for the response, Mike.   I notice you're usually one of the first to always offer help here.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 10:56pm

Not sure how much vitamin D you're taking, but that reading is awfully high! I take 5000iu/day together with the other cofactors which keeps the beast at bay and my levels stay around the 60-70ng/ml mark.

Hoppy

IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:26pm

I was talking about 170,000 I/u a week for almost 2 months, with a 2 week break in-between.  The back-to-back cycles threw me for a loop.  I usually take 10,000 i/u per day.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 3:23am

A loading dose of 50000iu once a week for two weeks plus the normal 10000iu/day together with the other cofactors is known to abort the beast in some folk, but when starting the  vitamin D regimen whilst in cycle it doesn't always work, so if I were you, I would cut back on the vitamin D and see how I go.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2018 at 6:11am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 6:52pm

I'm far from an expert in this, but I can tell you grief, coupled with a break between cycles (As Mike NZ noted) can be a factor. I have to keep my Vit D numbers around the 140 to 150 level to gain any benefit from it. This gives my GP the shivers, but my Neuro is quite comfortable with it. He prescribes even higher levels for his MS patients. As long as you are using the other cofactors and you are not showing any symptoms of Vit D toxicity, I'd not be too concerned. I would watch my calcium levels as the Vit D tends to turn to calcium in the blood. That's why K2 is important, to bond the calcium to your bones and teeth.

Hope this makes sense.

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 7:21pm

Thanks Callico!  Appreciate the advice!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 8:26pm

fiftyamp, I'd also suggest you touch base with Batch and pick his brain. He actually knows what he's talking about. I just try to share what I've picked up along the way.

I lost my dad four years ago, and though we knew it was coming, it still hits hard. My father-in-law, and one of the best friends I've ever had, passed away last April. Again, not unexpected, but it hurts. We deal with the grief, but I can't help but believe that stirs up our CH for a while.

My condolences, indeed. I wish I could give more than words. You will always miss him, but focus on the positive memories, but at the same time, limit them. Looking back keeps the wound open. It will never go away, but it does scab over given time.  Smiley

jlc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!