Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Diagnosed Today - Auburn, California Newbie (Read 1435 times)
Jason92s
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Auburn, California
Diagnosed Today - Auburn, California Newbie
May 2nd, 2018 at 7:21pm

Been dealing with CH for 25 years.  Also have TMJ and get headaches with those, so it's been a long road but like so many others, I'm actually relieved to finally have a name associated with the pain.  Today has been mostly about research and waiting on the doctor to see if oxygen will be an option with our insurance carrier.  Glad to be here and look forward to intereacting with many of you.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Diagnosed Today - Auburn, California Newbie
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2018 at 11:28pm

It's that firm diagnosis that makes all the difference,  Jason,  because it means you can now embark on a course of action aimed at reclaiming your life and everything that's good about it.

Welcome aboard,  though this is probably the maddest ship that ever sailed,  but at least you're among friends now who really do understand.

Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes!

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Welcome aboard!

Oxygen is great and we've loads of info - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

However there is a lot more to CH abortives. Find out more about imitrex, either as an injection or as a nasal spray. This is really useful as it isn't always practical to drag O2 tanks around (like flying).

Have you got a preventive to cut down how many CHs you get? This could be something like verapamil, lithium or topamax? Or a lot of us have been having great result with D3, many going years of CH pain free (including me) - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

Read up more and ask all the questions you have.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:09pm

Hi Jason,
Sorry to read you have suffered 25 years and have inadequate medical care, but you are fortunate to have found this website that provides everything and anything you may need to educate yourself about this debilitating neurovascular disease.

There is not a single website nor any other documented resource available that comes close to the wealth of information available 24/7 on this website regarding Cluster Headaches.

If you need a recommendation of a different doctor near you in Cali, send me a DM and I will look up some recommended doctors and provide to you.

As for o2, if you are getting the runaround by insurance, there is always the welding oxygen route that has proven very effective as an abortive treatment.

You are not alone, and we do understand what you are enduring. Please keep us updated and do plenty of research on this website to educate yourself, as you probably know you will need to self advocate at times. Pain Free Wishes Wink

-Gregg

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!