Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi, new member. 20 year sufferer in Detroit. (Read 1847 times)
xBoss
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hi, new member. 20 year sufferer in Detroit.
Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:26am

Hey all,

I had to join after this cycle because I feel like it's going to actually kill me!

I had a rare remission on the last cycle but this one seems to have all of that missing pain included.

I'm 46 and have had these for 20 years now. Tried mushrooms a couple days ago and they did not work even though I got high as heck.

The pain is so intense that I go into super wet sweats and then get the chills from being wet. I think they are going to kill me!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Hi, new member. 20 year sufferer in Detroit.
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 10:03pm

G'day xBoss,  and I'm really sad to hear you're doing it so tough.  These things can be a bloody nightmare so we truly understand how you must be feeling.

As to mushrooms,  it's my understanding that they're used is such a way that highs don't come into it and there's a terrific site you may like to visit where you can get heaps of really good information on this.  It's called ClusterBusters and you'll find a link to it on the bottom-left corner of your screen.

Let us know how youre getting on because we care.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:01am

Hi xBoss and welcome

As Brian said, for advice on mushrooms and related, have a look at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register plus check out their forums. They have a lot of people with extensive experience in this area.

Have you read up about using vitamin D3? This has worked really well for many of us as a great preventive. I've been over 6 years CH pain free using it.

We all know how tough CH can be, especially when you've not got an effective abortive and / or preventive. It is something we all understand all too well. As Brian said, we care.

Do you have anything to abort your CHs?

Tell us more and we'll try to help. Ask all the questions you have.

IP Logged

mBragg
CH.com Newbie

Florida
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 2:50am

Hey xBoss,

Yeah man... I was just in the bathroom thinking the same thing. After all the stuff I’ve been through - well, it’s just remarkable is all. Transcendental even, like a whole new dimension that most people just cannot understand.

Yeah, a half hour ago, if there was somebody there that could have flipped my switch to the off position, I’d have maybe said to just go ahead and do it. Sigh...

Been dealing with this for a long time to. In fact, I’m kinda bummed out because I’m going to see a neuro in a couple of days and I have not found an effective preventative. I just don’t know what he can give me that’ll make it stop is all.

But, IDK, just don’t quit, man. Don’t quit. Something will come along to make you smile and it’ll be worth it. You already know it. The pain will ease off a bit. Just gotta keep being tough, man. Groan, moan, grit and spit, whatever gets you through. (Sorry, maybe I’m talking to myself to you know?)

Hang in there, cause this too shall pass. Really, man. Ride it out and you’ll get through. Your not alone in this, brother.

God bless

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:57am

mBragg wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 2:50am:
Yeah, a half hour ago, if there was somebody there that could have flipped my switch to the off position, I’d have maybe said to just go ahead and do it. Sigh...

For one of the neuros I've seen, she uses something similar as a diagnostic question - "If I gave you a pistol when you were having one of these "headaches" would you consider using it?".

She says that nobody without CH has answered that they'd think of it. For those with CH there seems to be always some form of thought around it being a possible option.

So we all know what that though is like, but we look to times between CHs, times between cycles when we can not experience what CH is like.

It is tough, sometimes very tough, but there are good preventives, good abortives, good neurologists and support from here.

Never be afraid of asking for help.

IP Logged

mBragg
CH.com Newbie

Florida
Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:43am

Mike NZ,

Thank you for the information. That set me up very well for my neuro visit in AM.

Maybe I can get control of it. Getting owned since yesterday evening. No sleep.

Appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!