Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you CH.com!!! (Read 1225 times)
DanAge50
CH.com Newbie

"It's hard to speculate
what tomorrow may bring."

USA
Thank you CH.com!!!
Jul 12th, 2018 at 8:58pm

Well after ramping up over three weeks with more and more frequent/severe/mysterious headaches, getting scared as hell and winding up here, desperate - learning to cope as I then have 40 attacks in 10 days - they have now reduced greatly. As I sit, there has not been one in 20 hours. More importantly - thanks to you folks - now I have some tools and know-how to help me deal with it. I know it could have been worse, and might be next time. But I know where to turn if it does.

I learned about red bull and 5 hour energy. How to be persistent with my doctor and get a referral to a neurologist, to ask for o2 to have in the house, and sumatriptan for night hits. I learned how to call the insurance company and find out how to get as many forms of the stuff as I can get (nasal, shots, vials) you have a limit on each form of delivery, so I got them all. I have learned to stretch pens out x3 times longer. I got a great non-rebreather mask from this site with a large reservoir and learned how to do a 30/30 room air/O2 hyperventilation method from Batch that uses 4LPM and has me feeling golden in 10-15 minutes. I have gotten on the anti-inflammation regimen at 12 day loading, and in 7 days my headaches have gone from 6/day, to 2 yesterday. Coincidence? I doubt it.

I learned I don’t need to let this ruin my life between hits, in fact not at all. Then the Beast wins, and I don't have to let that happen. I’m armed and ready for him if he comes back again. And I know where to turn if I need support and wisdom from well-informed, kind, and tough-as-hell warriors like you folks. Thank you!!!! -Dan
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2018 at 9:13am by DanAge50 »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Thank you CH.com!!!
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2018 at 12:19am

Hey Dan,

That's an outstanding message for CHers coming up against the wall and wondering what to do next.  Good on you!

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2018 at 6:43pm

Dan, that is a wonderful post.

It is amazing what a difference it makes to have some knowledge and tools so that you're taking control over your CH and it isn't CH that is controlling you.

IP Logged

DanAge50
CH.com Newbie

"It's hard to speculate
what tomorrow may bring."

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:20am

I will have to add, as I also went on the D3 anti-inflammatory regimen. So after the 9th day on the 12 day loading schedule I have stopped having headaches. I had two 3 days ago, and they were mild. Before that I had like 40 in 10 days. Now, at first it seemed like my attacks became more frequent and the timing of them changed all around, but I feel like it could certainly be it was because my cycle was just getting fully established (just as I started 12 day d3 loading). I did get labs for 15(OH)D and it was on the low side of (normal) (39). I will test my D3 again in a couple weeks. Anyway perhaps this is all a coincidence? I can't know 100% because I haven't had enough prior cycles that were consistent, BUT I will be staying on the maintenance regimen from now on. Do read this thoroughly if you are interested, be informed of possible interactions these supplements may have with any pharmaceuticals one might start taking. Regimen: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2018 at 3:35pm by DanAge50 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!