Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache is back - Verapamil is working (Read 742 times)
Ananth
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cluster Headache is back - Verapamil is working
Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:56am

Hi,

I have been with the forum since 2017 and suffering from cluster headache since 1994. I was diagnosed with cluster headache only in 2014 by a RN during an emergency visit. None of the doctors could diagnose.

During my last CH time in 2016, I was taking every day sumtriptane sometime 2-3 times a day and got frustrated and changed the neurologist. Thats when the doctor has prescribed me with Verapamil 120 mg ER and with in a week of taking it, the cycle of the CH was reduced. After the second week it was completely gone.

This time when I had the CH on last Saturday midnight, I have started taking Verapamil 120 mg ER from Sunday onwards. Within 3 days of taking it, last night I didn't have CH and on Wednesday night the CH intensity was less. Just thought of sharing so that it might be helpful to our forum as we only knew the intensity and how painful it is.

Ananth

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!