Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CH and Energy Loss (Read 1919 times)
jonas3333
CH.com Newbie

USA, MI.
CH and Energy Loss
Jul 30th, 2018 at 3:53am

I've had a wonderfully long 3 yr? lapse(although I suspect there was at least one in there between my last post), but here I am again.
Again, about me: I'm one of the lucky ones among us that only deals with this occasionally and in lesser degrees. For some time, it was every year, but I really think D3 has changed my life with these nightmares.
This round has been going a few days now and has only intensified tonight. I really hope this isn't just building.

My question for you all this turn is related to energy. I'm not a high energy person at any given time and am honestly quite lazy, for lack of a better term. But when the CH cycle starts, it's as if I enter a whole new zone of low energy and am often just walking through a fog all day every day. Up for a few hours, down again. Lower tolerance for ANY kind of hassle and very unlikely to be cheerful or spirited. And this is when the hit isn't happening. I find I can't even enjoy playing video games, which is pretty much my sole lifelong form of entertainment.

Do you folks also suffer from this as a side effect? When the cycle ends, the fog lifts away and I continue as normal. I suppose some of this can be accounted to the dread of the approaching pain, but it's definitely notable.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: CH and Energy Loss
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 6:40am

I know exactly what you mean,  Jonas,  and for me it turned out to be the complete lack of appetite that doubled my problems.  Out of cycle I always ate a lot of good food quite often but come the dreaded nightmare it was all I could do to make a slice of toast before throwing it into the bin.

It was a double-edged sword that cut me every which way because missing meals can be a bit of a trigger and no petrol in the tank leaves you less able to cope with what's going to happen anyway.

Sticking with the D3 regimen must surely give you an advantage but I found that forcing down three small and healthy meals each day,  regardless the difficulty,  really helped me along the way.

I'm also the first to admit that looking at the monster on one side and a lettuce leaf on the other meant the lettuce often went untouched.

Good luck,  fight the good fight,  and let us know how you're getting on.

We care.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 8:15am

Jonas,

Yeas, I get that too. And I find that I yawn deeply and constantly when the Beast is partying.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 9:23am

Me too.  CH really takes it out of you and it's not helped by night hits that deprive you of sleep night after night.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 3:16pm

Trying to look at it objectively and even when you can avoid most CHs with a good preventive and kill off CHs with a good abortive it is no surprise that going through that has an impact on your energy and more.

I did find that after a particularly brutal CH that an energy drink would help balance things out a bit.

Or do try D3 as that can work as a very, very effective preventive for most people.

IP Logged

jonas3333
CH.com Newbie

USA, MI.
Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 5:55pm

Appreciate the responses!

Oh yeah, I can definitely go without food for long periods of time during this. I suppose that surely contributes to the low energy along with the interrupted sleep.

Today has sucked with this consistent low grade pulsing after last night's ride and then topped off with another hit about an hour ago only to return to this pulsating. All of which sucks as I have to take a kid to karate, swing by the grocery store and make dinner for 3 kids these next few.

Sorry about the ranting, but ugh!

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 12:16am

Hey Jonas, just curious if you started the D3 regimen in the near past as each I've started it about a week in I've had one bad day with an all day pulsing headache mixed in with a couple of real hits. The next day that all day headache went away though I'd still get regular hits but not as bad.  Hopefully that all day thing goes away tomorrow.  Don't sweat the rant, I want to rant all the time!  Sean

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!