Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chronic pain article... (Read 1020 times)
jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Chronic pain article...
Sep 8th, 2018 at 8:59pm

This....from the magazine "Brain and Life"...formerly "Neurology Now"

While clusterheads are not in "chronic" pain...we ARE in our own form of "intermittant chronic pain"....and this article resonated with me in several areas. It took many years but I finally figured out that HOW I perceived AND reacted to the pain of CH...and my general attitude to life...and life with CH.... made nearly as much difference to me as O2 and all the multitude of meds. See especially the last section "Turning off Negative Thoughts".

Best

Jon

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2018 at 9:00pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Chronic pain article...
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 9:53pm

Good find Jon, it is a really well written article.

It did miss one very important piece of advice which we always tell people here which is to find a doctor with the right skills and experience to get a confirmed diagnosis, which in turn leads to appropriate treatments.

When it comes to chronic pain, just as with CH, doctors don't learn too much at medical school and it needs someone with the appropriate skills plus experience to make a difference.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!