Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
3mg auto injections. (Read 1015 times)
Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
3mg auto injections.
Nov 20th, 2018 at 4:50am

Hello,

As a member of a European CH group set up to raise awareness of the condition within Europe, I sometimes get some interesting communications.

The following will be of interest to some of you and I will forward any further updates as I get them.

“Dear Friends,

most of you will know that Sumatriptan injector has a 6 mg dose per shot. But it is very well known, that in most cases 3 mg (i.e. half dose) is sufficient to abort a CHS-attack.

After long years of work, I am very happy that I can tell you, that we (i.e. a little pharmacia in Freiburg, where a CHS-patient is working) are able to produce 3mg Sumatriptan injections.

By the end of this month we expect the final okay from the authority´s quality lab and then material will be available in the German market (I do not know by now, if material will be available in other countries)

There is still a lot of coordinative work to do, but I am so extraordinary happy that we finally can produce the half-dose pens after so long years of very frustrating work, that I want want all of you my friends to know.

We will do some publicity actions (and talks to politicians etc.) in the next weeks. Maybe this puts some pressure on the industry and they will produce 3mg imigrex injectors also, which might be available all over europe...

I think this is a is a big step ahead in the access to care for CHS-patients: it´s the first medication/application which is made for CHS by CHS-patients (who is pharmacologist)”.

Herzlichst
Harald

Dr. Harald Müller
Bundesverband der Clusterkopfschmerz-Selbsthilfegruppen - CSG e.V.
Schubertstraße 20
41539 Dormagen

Best wishes,

Peter.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2018 at 3:50am by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: 3mg auto injections.
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2018 at 10:21pm

Another step forward which will hopefully bring down the costs and reduce side effects, meaning more people can benefit from using them more often whilst still aborting their CHs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!